Sign in to follow this  
Skyviper

I know you guys will kill me for this one

I gotta do what I gotta do.

So I'm on the hunt to expand my gamming collection even further i'm thinking about picking up another shooter and another sim(DCS Blackshark looks really cool btw I think a few of recommened that before so I'ma gonna get that one too)

oh as far as the shooter goes I'm going to get battlefield 2 and pick up the DCON mod(I hope the bots are ALOT better than the ones on the BF 1942 Desert Combat mod meaning I hope the friggin things can fly better)

Now I'm going to ask something thats so stoopid you guys might kick the living crap out of me with(which is totally understandable)

Anyway I'm looking to get SF2 tomorrow and I'm wondering what some of the differences between SF2 and WOE are. I've seen some gameplay on youtube and from what i've seen i can't really tell the difference. So I was hoping while you guys are planting your boots into my rib cage and bum you'd be kind enough to give me the low down on why SF2 is so much better than WOE...can you break the sound barrier in that one by the way? Oh and do the parachutes work too?

Thanks guys and I'll find some kind of way to make it up to you.

Edited by Skyviper

If you have windows vista or xp then SF2 is the way to go,

DX10 gives much better framerates and gives better fps, it also looks much more realistic.

There are new flight models especially with the new expansion that also offers multicore support again giving better fps,

There are also more ground objects and much more realistic cockpits to enjoy.

In short, if you have vista or window 7 take the plunge and buy SF2 you wont regret it.

Check out the SF2 Knowledge Base ... lots of questions answered there

wrench

kevin stein

If you want Battlefield 2 with good bots, try out AIX 2.0 project. Its made for Battlefield Single Player.

http://www.aixtended.com/

Also, I would suggest you get SF2: Europe if its the Europe setting you want. SF2 is better then SF1 series in almost every way.

Edited by JonathanRL

Youtube is too low-res most of the time for you to see the graphical updates between the 2. The water at a minimum is far better, the bump-mapping on the planes, etc.

Also, WOE is dead-end. There are no more patches coming for it, no more mods. SF2 is where it's at for the future, and you can integrate all the titles together to get as few or as many as you want. WOE only ever combined with WOV, that's all.

I'm running XP DX9. SF2,SF2V,SF2E,orSF2I is the best way to go.

Once you get the hang of doing mods,it's really easy to operate the games.

Also don't forget FE2,It has some great mods for it. :clapping: