Sign in to follow this  
Dave

The Royal Wedding

wonder if it'll be an open bar??? I'd go for the little snack-munchie thingys!

wrench

kevin stein

Edited by Wrench

Well, let's see the bright side of the thing. A royal wedding is still much more fun than a royal burial (I'm especially thinking of one 85-year-old Queen who will probably soon have to pass the Crown to someone younger). So, enjoy the present moment.

Having a Royal Family can have some advantages. Your Head of State is an apolitical and generally respected prince, standing above all of the parties, ruling in continuity as the heir of several generations of rulers themselves ruled by ancient noble principles (surely not thinking of the British Royal Family on that point, rather of the discreet Scandinavian monarchies). Your Head of State is not an illiterate crooked lawyer or real estate broker, professional liar and half-Gipsy poseur, who once elected by mistake, considers himself as the king, compartmentalizes everything for the sole interest of his clan, and doesn't care about the mess he will leave to the next generation of rulers (yes of course, I think of my own president). Besides, seeing the news, it seems that the only thing that still holds Belgium in one single piece is the Belgian Royal Family.

Well, let's see the bright side of the thing. A royal wedding is still much more fun than a royal burial (I'm especially thinking of one 85-year-old Queen who will probably soon have to pass the Crown to someone younger). So, enjoy the present moment.

Having a Royal Family can have some advantages. Your Head of State is an apolitical and generally respected prince, standing above all of the parties, ruling in continuity as the heir of several generations of rulers themselves ruled by ancient noble principles (surely not thinking of the British Royal Family on that point, rather of the discreet Scandinavian monarchies). Your Head of State is not an illiterate crooked lawyer or real estate broker, professional liar and half-Gipsy poseur, who once elected by mistake, considers himself as the king, compartmentalizes everything for the sole interest of his clan, and doesn't care about the mess he will leave to the next generation of rulers (yes of course, I think of my own president). Besides, seeing the news, it seems that the only thing that still holds Belgium in one single piece is the Belgian Royal Family.

Lot of truth in this post !!!!!! Ok, lots of people may not like monarchies, but if you consider the alternatives.......

In our country there are anti-monarchy groups too, but most of them agree that Queen Beatrix would be damn good president...:good:

Houdoe,

Derk

Derk

Edited by Derk

I'm not anti-monarchy per se...not bothered much either way tbh

Oh great and now just to make it more fun another Royal is getting married next year...

Oh great and now just to make it more fun another Royal is getting married next year...

Why should they remain unmarried ? (OK, come on, you do have a lot of good arguments ......:grin: )

Houdoe,

Derk

Weddings cost too much, and they usually get divorced later anyway, which costs more yet again!

They should be forbidden to marry on cost grounds!