Sign in to follow this  
DukeIronHand

Skin Download reorganization

This was a plan (and a poll I believe) to reorganize the OFF Skins here at Combat Ace in some fashion.

IIRC the winning plan was to organize them by A/C type.

Whatever happened to this?

Actually, if I was King for a Day, I wish someone could put ALL the skins in one big downloadable file., i.e. ALL the Alb DIII's in one .zip, all SE5a's in another. That would be nice!

But since I am not a King are the skins pending reorganization?

This was a plan (and a poll I believe) to reorganize the OFF Skins here at Combat Ace in some fashion.

IIRC the winning plan was to organize them by A/C type.

Whatever happened to this?

Actually, if I was King for a Day, I wish someone could put ALL the skins in one big downloadable file., i.e. ALL the Alb DIII's in one .zip, all SE5a's in another. That would be nice!

But since I am not a King are the skins pending reorganization?

Well considering I am the one who would have to it not at this time. It will be one of my projects for the new year. However we need to come to a consensus on how you all want it done that keeps me from making several categories that ends only having one skin in it. It is not an easy task and i'st every time consuming.

I have been championing this with Dave for some time..I have also asked members opinions on how to lay it all out..with, sadly a very poor response!!

It is indeed a lot of work, and if OFF members would be a little more forthcoming with ideas, we might get something sorted

The only thing stopping me is the ideas on you all want it done.

Gee, I don't remember any poll, howsomever, I would lean toward skins being organized by plane type so it would be a little easier to find what you are looking for. Also have the new skins shown as they are now then shuffled into a type folder after a week or so or after the first page fills up.

Beard

Edited by Burning Beard

A thought:

i.e.

Allies

Nieuport

Sopwith

Camel

Pup

Snipe

SPAD

German

Albatross

DIII

DV

Fokker

EIII

DR1

D7

etc, etc, etc

nbryant beat me to the punch....

There really is no better way to break it down but by 'Alliance' and plane type. Use his list above and build from there. Even countries like GB, France and Belgium that shared crates should still be listed under Entente and N.17... etc.