Sign in to follow this  
Stary

DX10 postprocess effects -vignette, colour correction

various variants uploaded into SF2 tools and utilities section, pending approval

one with included code for SSAO for someone with skills to implement it properly

Just thinking out loud here, but remember the old ENBseries hdr mod, didnt that have a hotkey where you could turn it off if you did'nt like the effect? If so could that be used to create a "switchable" NVG effect ?

Like I say, I'm just thinking out loud, no idea if its possible tho... :blink:

I think yes but only using EnbSeries (which I think is no longer in development), thus in Dx9

only

Hi Mr. Stary. Some questions: do you have some experiments with water shader, too?

Sorry for my bad english. Salute.gif

Hello Agaphe, I was trying to tweak the water shader, without luck, so I dropped it. If you want better water look, search for Fubar's waternormal and shader tweaks, these should be somewhere, also these were included in one of big mods (Operation Desert Storm?) anyway I think recent Iran-Iraq terrain has it included

Okay, I'll try it, cos 1st gen third parties shaders doesn't support SF2 well. Anyway, good work Mr. Starygood.gif. Thank youSalute.gif.

One cannot use what isn't there.

Apparently, TK only adds whatever he intends to utilize, and doesn't take full advantage of most of the parameters contained within the DirectX libraries. I've written some killer shaders for for features such as heat blur and water with fresnel reflections (in both DX9 and DX10), and they're not supported by the TW engine.

I hope TK implements the functions to call those effects, some time in the future..

There is so much potential in that department..

• Like 1

One cannot use what isn't there.

Apparently, TK only adds whatever he intends to utilize, and doesn't take full advantage of most of the parameters contained within the DirectX libraries. I've written some killer shaders for for features such as heat blur and water with fresnel reflections (in both DX9 and DX10), and they're not supported by the TW engine.

I remember the heat blur one you send me long time ago, and yes, it never worked.

I wonder what's stops TK from adding such quite simple shaders to the series that was created to utilize shaders and Dx10 calls...

Reflection/refraction goes back to what, Dx8?

• Like 1

I remember the heat blur one you send me long time ago, and yes, it never worked.

I wonder what's stops TK from adding such quite simple shaders to the series that was created to utilize shaders and Dx10 calls...

Reflection/refraction goes back to what, Dx8?

Yep.... And TK has not added the necessary DX10 parameters to the graphics.dll for neither the pixel, nor the vertex shader. No biggie, as it's mostly for eye-candy, and I'm sure that a proper fresnel shader would take a sizable chunk out of frame rates when flying over water.

• Like 1

have you uploaded other post process mods maybe ?

i'd be interested to enable the softness effect (HDR or other shaders?) 24/7 and not only from evening to dawn

Edited by squid

fubar have you ever thought working with tk together?

"not enough budget and time" :grin:

I can name many extremely skilled and knowledgeable guys from here that together with TK could do the best sim of all times :heat:

i'd be interested to enable the softness effect (HDR or other shaders?) 24/7 and not only from evening to dawn

is that possible?

and which value would increase (slightly) the contrast?

@both questions: it is, right now I can't recollect which parameter in the shader it was, I remember having some tweaked contrast variant (s) at one point somewhere

awesome. let me know in case you come across either again

read what Fubar512 wrote, absence of necessary Dx calls in dlls :this: