Hi guys,

I decided to reinstall NF4+ (patched to EXP2 B I think). No trees or buildings on the terrain. I tried to install Stary's files directly over the NF install to see if this changed anything but no joy. What have I missed?

Thanks...

Did you install every part of the mod? Theyre a quite a few.

Did you install every part of the mod? Theyre a quite a few.

Well, I think so. The seasoned terrain is all there, just no buildings or trees. If I want to start again with the terrain, what should I delete and re-install? Sorry for the ignorance.

Well, i din´t get the expansion, and althought i´ve been told that the exp2 patch would work without it, i just got the latest patch for SF2E before the expansion and all the files of NF, (all those labeled with the NATO insignia in the downloads section) and it works just fine.

But before you reinstall and do it all again, why don´t you check the graphic settings?

better to define WHICH buildings are not showing up.

Meaning: things like hangars, fueltanks, warehouses, bunkers, etc

or

the terrain buildings, either large or small directly associated with the city tiles.

if the first, check cat pointer line

if the second, look for missing TOD files, and/or that their association to each tile is named in the terrain's data ini

wrench

kevin stein

I've played about with the graphics settings and they are all high or unlimited.

Airfield buildings are there but no cities or trees.

Strike missions only give a fuel tank as a target.

Is it EXP2 breaking it or something more fundamental?

Thanks again for the help.

Airfield buildings are there but no cities or trees

that's a TOD issue. Are the new tiles showing up, or just the stock ones? (meaning, do you have all 4 seasons, with the changing tile colors?, or just the stock 'greens')

a screenie would be helpfull, if possible!!!

wrench

kevin stein

Edited by Wrench

Wrench,

I have the seasons. Here is a screen showing an "industrial structure" target but nothing else.

img00007.jpg

OK, sorry for the bump but I still have no joy on the buildings and trees. I have looked through the data.ini and it seems OK. Updated drivers etc. I also installed Stary's standalone terrain mod into SF2E, with the same results. Here is another screen. Any help gratefully received, this is driving me nuts.

img00010.jpg

Post a link to every part of this you installed. I think you missed something. That is the only reason I know of those wouldnt be there.

Thanks Dave.

I think I cured it - checked the 3rdwire site and it turns out I had downloaded but not installed the hotfix B patch for EXP2, which fixed the TOD problem caused by EXP2. With this in, I can see trees & buildings in Stary's terrain that I installed in SFE2. NF4 has been porked by installing the patch, but I'm sure that was it (Doh!). Thanks again for all help.

Good news!!!!