Sign in to follow this  
GunnySonics

Avro Vulcan for SF2

does anyone have the files for the Avro Vulcan for SF2, im sure I saw one in the screenshots section last month but cant find it anywhere on the site, if anyone could pass on the files I would be willing to wash pots, cut grass, walk pets, clean windows, polish floors etc in return for this magnificent aircraft :cool:

it is made at the A team site, you need to request permission and a bit of patience in order to download it check it here http://cplengineeringllc.com/SFP1/

Thank you for the link Flogger, it seems like alot of time and effort and even a bit too much personal infomation is required from this site in order to gain access to thier files:-

First Name:

Last Name:

City:

State (is in USA):

Country (if not in USA):

email:

Internet Service Provider if using free email:

Username:

Password:

Its seems more like an application for a passport or a credit card, to be honest im not willing to give away this much personal information to total strangers :dntknw:

My dreams of flying the V-Force bomber will have to remain just that......dreams :this:

best bet would be to convert yourself, as not to many here will convert A-team products and even when they do they have to leave the LOD files out so you still have to go to that site and d/l anyhow. converting from Gen1 to Gen 2 is eay though just consult the Knowledge Base if you need help.

it is made at the A team site, you need to request permission and a bit of patience in order to download it check it here http://cplengineeringllc.com/SFP1/

You will never get permission to upload any source file from A-team.

Already known in the community.

i think ill revert to FS2004 to fly the Vulcan then, im not confident enough to start modding SF1 aircraft for use in SF2 just yet, i've only had SF2 for a few weeks so I dont want to get any CTD's then spend the rest of the year trying to work out why lol!!!

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

Frankly, for a newcomer such as yourself there are so many planes already SF2-ready it will be some time before you exhaust them and are ready to try converting SF1 planes over. Some are easier than others, of course. Also, by the time you're ready a lot of those SF1 planes might have already been converted by others or superceded by newer versions for SF2.

Don't worry about it for now.

Frankly, for a newcomer such as yourself there are so many planes already SF2-ready it will be some time before you exhaust them and are ready to try converting SF1 planes over. Some are easier than others, of course. Also, by the time you're ready a lot of those SF1 planes might have already been converted by others or superceded by newer versions for SF2.

Thats a fair comment Jedii, the main reason I wanted the vulcan was I grew up at a base in England where they were stationed so its always been a huge favorite of mine, but for now all those other British Cold War jets will keep me happy for a long time yet:-

VulcanXH558_03-07-08_Waddington.jpg

The Avro Vulcan "Britains Nuclear Bomber", a daily sight when I was 6 years old living at RAF Scampton, England 1979, the noise was phenomenal!!

Edited by GunnySonics

I know what you mean.

I was stationed at RAF Bentwaters from `80 - 83, and had the pleasure of seeing a few flyby.

One time in particular I was in the EOR shack, and saw a smoky signature approaching. As the A-10's we worked on were all

but smokeless, we hustled out to see what exotic we'd be treated to.

It was a pair of Vulcans, and one actually did a full stop landing, as the other poured on the coals and roared over head.

That mental movie has stuck with me over the years.

Just phenomenal!

what you mean he doesnt get to cuss his game when the conversion doesn't work and pester us by ignoring the Knowledge Base? and i thought that was part of the fun of Gen2:lol:

seriously at gunnysonics though, converting is fairly easy. i wouldnt touch an ini in WOE, but spend as much time tweaking Phantom skins or weapon loadouts to my taste. if you sign up for that site it does have some planes unavailable elsewhere, but they are a pain esp if you have issues converting as they dont believe in Gen 2 over there. the Vulcan does work in SF2E, but i got rid of it when figuring they would have much of a role than tac nuke bombing. when i do play nuclear i prefer SRAM or ALCM, and watch the fireworks from the next town over!

Edited by daddyairplanes