Sign in to follow this  
Creaghorn

P4 pics

of course all WIP, but i would like to see what differences compared to p3, have we found out yet.

besides the obvious, cows, improved cockpits etc. did anybody notice the raindrops on the windshield?

Good eyes Creaghorn. I see them on the Albatros DV but not on the Halb DII. It's all a work in progress though so we shall see when they are finally done baking it. Between the scenery, the cockpits and the new planes (especially the heavy bombers! Hurray!!) this sits atop my "Must Have" list .

Hellshade

of course all WIP, but i would like to see what differences compared to p3, have we found out yet.

besides the obvious, cows, improved cockpits etc. did anybody notice the raindrops on the windshield?

My mechanics always apply RainEx to my windshield (and goggles) after ever sortie so I never have raindrops accumulating in my field of vision :grin:

Are beer glasses allowed in the cockpit?

If we should ever meet on a field, cause you forced me down, or I forced you to land,

we should be prepared, Widowmaker. You bring some bottles of Old Speckled Hen,

and I bring the glasses. Wouldn't that be a nice way to celebrate that?

I also did notice the Albatros radiator control lever and mechanism modelled! :clapping:

Do you reccon this will be functional or just eye candy? :dntknw:

Well I'm OK with beer googles. If a find myself downed behind enemy lines, I'll bring one out of my favorites from the Pacific Northwest, Rogue Brewery's Dead Guy Ale.

3246657818_116f341241.jpg

That I have a nephew who works for them doesn't help matters, not one bit..:drinks:

Yeah, the Albatros has even more "modifications", like valves on the engine, and a better ammo hood/tunnel.

Even if the radiator handle won't be functional, the whole kite looks so much better!

Gee - it is a great feeling to wait for something so great like OFF is for me!

Lewie - does it taste after it's name? (Shudder!)

Edited by Olham

Lewie - does it taste after it's name? (Shudder!)

Well I don't know if you would like it, as I know there is a trend in German beers towards a sort of a clean, hoppy aftertaste. I think it's pretty good, and I do like Heffeweisens that are made locally. I like 'thicker' beers, and I'm assuming you're comparing it to Guinness Stout, which is in my opinion pretty awful in it's aftertaste.

Yeah, the Albatros has even more "modifications", like valves on the engine, and a better ammo hood/tunnel.

So did you mod the Albatross for OFF to have working valve pushrod action? When I was doing TargetWare's mod I had done an Gnome Omega with functioning valve gears which was a feat in itself as it was a absolute bastidge to co-ordinsate and plot the XYZ placement, alignment and child-child relationships of all the parts. I also did the valve monkey werks for a Renault 8C which worked out much better because of the 2:1 engine to prop rotation speed. There were some severe limitations to 0.64's animation editing.

I like 'thicker' beers, and I'm assuming you're comparing it to Guinness Stout, which is in my opinion pretty awful in it's aftertaste.

Yeah, Guinness is not my taste either - there are other, better "black beers" in England.

If you like a rich "thick" taste (and more RPM) you may like this one:

"Einbecker Urbock hell"

They also make a dark one - "Einbecker Urbock dunkel", but I find it too sweetish.

But the "Hell" is a very good one.

No, I am not a modder, nor am I in the OFF Team.

I make my own skins, and I uploaded some of them for all to use; but apart from that, I am just an average OFF Pilot.

Well, maybe addicted rather....

Edited by Olham

I've been able to faithfully model my plane wreckage across the OFF terrain on multiple occasions. Does that count? :dntknw:

Hellshade

Yes, Hellshade - yes, yes! ... :yes: :rofl:

Edited by Olham

I've been able to faithfully model my plane wreckage across the OFF terrain on multiple occasions. Does that count? :dntknw:

Hellshade

Sure, why not? :warning: Other WWI Combat sim OT Zone:..:dntknw:

I mean my favorite part of FS-WWI is to man the twin Vickers in the back of the Thornycroft AA truck and decorate 'Vaulx' airfield with crashed remains of strafing Albatrosses. I'm probably quite a bit better than I would be in reality, but it's fun. :cool:

Shooting Albatros??? My beloved bird???!!! Raaaaaahhhhhh!!!!!

Okay, were is my notebook... - "Vaux airfield; Thornycroft truck!" ...

I have noted that! Now I need photographs...

I'll be there - some day I will come over there with the elite of Jasta 5!

And they will all know by then, how a Thornycroft truck is looking!!!

:spiteful:

Just had another close up look of those screenies...the more I look the more I like....I hope we have abit more animation going on within the cocpit...also abit of movement going on within the Bus, so you feel like your a separate entity to the plane ( not sure the technical word for it but FE and RoF do it well) If First Eagles can do it I'm sure OFF phase 4 could....this is also an area where RoF shines....really makes you feel you sat IN a plane.

Shooting Albatros??? My beloved bird???!!! Raaaaaahhhhhh!!!!!

Okay, were is my notebook... - "Vaux airfield; Thornycroft truck!" ...

I have noted that! Now I need photographs...

I'll be there - some day I will come over there with the elite of Jasta 5!

And they will all know by then, how a Thornycroft truck is looking!!!

:spiteful:

You know what, it's purely defensive, when the Albatrosses arrive the first thing they shoot at is me, and they keep on trying to shoot me! :shok: Well that and the balloon winch, lookout tower and the AEC bus.

(I might have a mod come along and put the kybosh on my posting FS-WWI images in an OFF topic forum. :no:..)

You'll have to send your own Schlasta CL types of planes if you want photo's.

Well, a pic of you on the truck wouldn't harm anyone.

And if they attacked you first, then I understand your reactions - always makes me upset, when someone shoots at me!

We don't have any SchlaSta yet, although we have the Hannover for a start.

Is that FS WW1 the Flight Simulator (Microsoft) you are talking about?

Come on, show a pic or two.

Well, a pic of you on the truck wouldn't harm anyone.

And if they attacked you first, then I understand your reactions - always makes me upset, when someone shoots at me!

We don't have any SchlaSta yet, although we have the Hannover for a start.

Is that FS WW1 the Flight Simulator (Microsoft) you are talking about?

Come on, show a pic or two.

It's ArgonV's mod for SDOE Fighter Squadron, called FS-WWI. It's a free download. You can add your own content, if you have OPS 3D editor.

Sorry for the darkness of the images, it's an early dawn raid. :dntknw:

cheers, and apologies to the mods if it seems like I'm posting in the wrong forum.

Edited by Lewie

Try the Boulevard Wheat. Made up the road in Kansas City Mo. and my personal favorite. It would be difficult to see through the glass to fly though.

post-27090-016090800 1295925269.jpg

What about the engine pistons and the reload lever? Oh and the ammo boxes?

What about the engine pistons and the reload lever? Oh and the ammo boxes?

Pistons are animated - but not visible until you have an engine meltdown...:blink:

WM

...and the ignition could only be seen, if you took the spark plug out to gaze through that hole - but then it... ah, forget about that. :grin:

Are beer glasses allowed in the cockpit?

If we should ever meet on a field, cause you forced me down, or I forced you to land,

we should be prepared, Widowmaker. You bring some bottles of Old Speckled Hen,

and I bring the glasses. Wouldn't that be a nice way to celebrate that?

It most certainly would my friend!....However, would we toast the end of the War?...No more Flying?...hmmmm