Sign in to follow this  
Olham

Do you ever look into the "Duty Room"?

Of course all of this will be greatly improved in P4, right devs? Not that we are a crazily demanding audience or anything... No wonder almost nobody likes to develop simulators these days. Much less trouble to take the FPS route and not have to listen to constant complaints from weirdos who enjoy flying old aircraft in simulations. :grin:

I am a very patient man--just as long as I get whatever I want NOW!!! :grin:

Edited by Herr Prop-Wasche

Dear Creaghorn,

Any chance of making your changes to the Ace Dossier available for download? I would love to have a corrected dossier for MvR, for instance!

it's just a small, corrected textfile. will post it here asap.

Great news Creaghorn, I look forward to your hotfix for MvR!

To touch on Olhalm's original comments, I use the duty room frequently too. I usually copy the kill board over to a Word file and print it off and then I have an actual Kill Board to look at in my room. Also, it helps me remember their names for those post flight kill claim forms that require witnesses!

Also, I'm working on a WWI novel (as I have been since I was what... 14? lol), and I actually use the missions I fly in OFF as a driving part of the story line - after all what could be more real and random than dynamic missions! I also borrow some of the kill board names for characters. I find that as I fly and my pilot ages (I actually cheat slightly and make sure that he can't die... at least not until the appropriate time - if my story requires it) I get a real attachment to his wingman as I know their names and flesh them out as characters in my writing as my pilot's career continues. If anyone is interested, I'll post some excerpts and see if anyone likes what I'm doing. (If nothing else, it's a nice break from my "professional" work!)

Cheers guys!

here the corrected MvR file

drop it into

C:\OBDSoftware\CFSWW1 Over Flanders Fields\campaigns\CampaignData\Aces

MvRKill.txt

here the corrected MvR file

drop it into

C:\OBDSoftware\CFSWW1 Over Flanders Fields\campaigns\CampaignData\Aces

Sweet!

Since my German pilot always flies with Jasta 11 this is much appreciated!

Thanks Creaghorn.