A couple of months i got SF2E, and then got Exp2; after some issues i think i have been able to make them to work, now my question, based on your experience, is, do you guys recomend me, if i get SF2 to make the Malvinas mod to work, do you recomend me to make a separate install or a merged one, since i see that there is a lot of different patches to install for each version, or, if i have SF2E and Exp2, just do a merged install and it will take the latest Jan2011 patch, to take advantage of the mission editor for it too... i feeel a bit of disoriented about it :dntknw: :dntknw: hope i can get the best advice from you.

Regards.

Hi 23.

The Malvinas mod has already been updated for SF2 and it's available for download in the SF2 download section. As to whether you'd be better off using a stand-alone install or not, I couldn't give you an honest answer. The 'Old boys' would know better on that count

i believe that falklands for SF2 says in the readme that you need to do a standalone, something to do with the dates involved

Personally, I would do it as a separate standalone if only to limit the damage if the installation/patching screws up somehow. It would save you having to re-install everything which can be a complete PITA!

I have all my sims in a merged install. When you run each installs exe it creates the specific i.e. SF2 will be in its own folder, SF2:Vietnam in its own folder, etc etc. So technically they are already in separate installs once you run each exe.

I have all my sims in a merged install. When you run each installs exe it creates the specific i.e. SF2 will be in its own folder, SF2:Vietnam in its own folder, etc etc. So technically they are already in separate installs once you run each exe.

now if by instance, i want to install SF2V or SF2I or whatever install i want, will i install additionally specific patches for it of it will take the latest patch from SF2E???

The latest patch should cover it all.

The latest patch should cover it all.

Let me get this straight, (sorry if i sound redundant) i can install ANY SF2 game and do not need all of the other patches, because the Jan2011 one solves everything, just do the merge and everything will run just fine :grin:

thanks for your patience...

No I dont think that Jan 2011 patch covers it all. If you just bought them from the site then they will patch to the latest version. If you are like me and bought them all when they came out (before patches) then you will have to get the latest and greatest patch for them. Then add the Jan 2011 patch.