Sign in to follow this  
Wrench

Phantom tail markings ?

as per Dave & my PM and phone conversations, trying to get the skin on the correct aircrft (ie: TMF F-4E ARN)

Having some SERIOUS issues with slimers showing up that are't even on skin....it is REALLY pissing me off!!

Even painted on the tail codes (and have an alternate _4.bmp with the SW code)

ggggggggggggggggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr....driving me bats**t crazy; wanting to use the time-frame correct aircraft, as opposed to the F-4E_78 (which is ssoooo much easier!)

wrench

kevin stein

Hey Kevin

img00032.JPG

that's what I'm talkin' 'bout!!!!

WOOT!! :drinks:

Maybe I should just stick to terrains.... :beach:

How about now?

img00034.JPG

got the new, revamped skin from Dave; expect the 45th skin/decal pak in a day or so. All 3 squadrons covered (well, they use different fincolor decals at least!)

The mapping on the ARN is a bit different than the stock Es, so that's where I was messing up.

All is good now!

wrench

kevin stein

Upon further reading again, I am 100% sure they flew ARNie's because they said the wing was proficent in A2G and lacked A2A skills. Sounds just like an ARNie wing.

Hey Kevin

Going to be sending you an update soon. I forgot to get the nose and pitot tube right.

img00002.JPG

ah, sure, right after I upload the frakking thing!!! :lol:

oh well...after all we don't want to piss of the "pitot tube pirate", do we??

wrench

kevin stein

Edited by Wrench

Here you go Kevin.

Kevin is there any chance of a skin for the F-4G_89 to represent C J Conlon's 6 plane detachment? They were assigned to the 377th according to The Book.

If you're too busy I can have a stab at it.

Im already on it.

I'll post that skin in the d/l section, with a quicky explination. That way, I don't have to ...

a) reupload the whole package and

b) folks don't have the re-download the whole package!

again, MANY thanks Dave!!

wrench

kevin stein

Kevin is there any chance of a skin for the F-4G_89 to represent C J Conlon's 6 plane detachment? They were assigned to the 377th according to The Book.

If you're too busy I can have a stab at it.

My question is, they were assigned as a Det, so did it say where they came from? I need this info for the correct tail code.

Spang??? I"ll have the recheck the book (as I'm sure YOU'RE doing)

wrench

kevin stein

Spang??? I"ll have the recheck the book (as I'm sure YOU'RE doing)

wrench

kevin stein

If they were from Spang then they are already done.

OK, when the F-4G's arrive Bull Morgan says "C J is bringing in six G-models in for us from the States."

So they would have the code from a CONUS based (TAC?) unit when they arrived.

But later Waters says "I'm putting the Weasels under Steve Farrell in the 377th."

My interpretation would be that the Weasel det was integrated into the squadron and took on the Stonewood tailcode. When the action starts they fly in mixed G & E hunter-killer flights.

Didn't the Spang units operate similarly?

So if you stuck with the ST code would it simply be a matter of renaming the F-4e bmps for the 377th skin to F-4G and editing the decals .ini and making a decals folder for the F-4G to get the tail codes & stripe to show?

Edited by allenjb42

Something like this, though obviously the stripe on the Weasel needs to be fixed:

img00001.jpg

img00002.jpg

img00003.jpg

Yes they would of been integrated into the squadron but they are still a Det of their parent unit so they wouldn't change tail codes. So since they come from the states I'm going to assume they came from George AFB and carried the WW tail codes from either the 561st or 562nd TFS. So we are covered either way....

I was gonna say George ... got buzzed by 2 Weasels in the late 80/early 90s (sometime just before retirement) out on that desert highway heading towrads Laughlin, NV -- was SUCH a cool sight!) They was down in the weeds, baby!!

wrench

kevin stein

saw some D models several times when my dad was stationed in DC. big hulking noisy beasts, i miss em!