Sign in to follow this  
Evangelion

New to SF2 and want to make skins

Hi there,

I've been making textures/skins for combat aircraft games for a while now (mainly HAWX) and want to make some for some new planes like the Skyhawk and Thunderchief, so am interested in SF2.

Editing skins in HAWX is a doddle, they look just like a flattened pattern and you just paint over the top, save as a .dds file and put into the game. What’s the general process for SF2 as I have read on the forum it’s a bit more involved. Also what does a "raw" texture file look like?

Here are some examples of my previous work which I'd love to "port over" if I can: HAWX 2 HAWX1

5176909534_eb4aceca06_z.jpg

5310331936_5820cdfe77_z.jpg

The skins in SF2 are straight forward bmp's. Edit the bmp, hit save and you're done. The "raw" skin you heard is just a bmp. Easier to use than a dds. Just doesn't compress as nice as DDS does.

Thanks for letting me know. I am desperate to make some skins for the Vietnam era planes that aren't Phantoms.

Shame the texture files are in 4-5 parts, not one big image, must make lining up the camo to fit from wings to fuselage etc hard.

Cheers

Edited by Evangelion

it takes more time yes.

Thanks for letting me know. I am desperate to make some skins for the Vietnam era planes that aren't Phantoms.

And we're all looking forward to them!

that's why having good templates is a MUST!

Unfortunately, there aren't any (stock) templates available for the Red Air birds for SF2, so one may need to create their own.

wrench

kevin stein