Sign in to follow this  
rjw

squadron adopts my custom skin by default ?

I just created my first dds skin and placed it in the skins folder.

I then selected this custom skin and started a campaign mission.

I was surprised to see that all my squadron mates had the same skin.

Is this normal?

how do I ensure that my custom skin is assigned to only my craft?

Best Regards;:boredom:

I just created my first dds skin and placed it in the skins folder.

I then selected this custom skin and started a campaign mission.

I was surprised to see that all my squadron mates had the same skin.

Is this normal?

how do I ensure that my custom skin is assigned to only my craft?

Best Regards;:boredom:

Hi there,

Could you post your query on the forum as the moderator posts are really supposed to be for forum problems,

Thanks,

Mike

I think it depends on how you name your skin. I usually use the squad default skin as a base for my custom work. This allows you to view it in the 3d object viewer without having to open the program all the way up. However if you do not rename that skin after you change it, it will pop up as the squad default. Also, your custom skins, even if renamed can turn up in the darndest places, I have shot my own skins up on airfield attacks and had them turn up being flown in different squadron formations, go figure.

Beard

I second Beard's "darnedest places" comment. I fired up a QC mission in a Dr1 and, on a lark, chose to borrow MvR's plane. When the game started the cowling and gun deck were white! I hit pause and popped into external and to my amazement saw my personalized Fokker. Funny thing is that sometimes it shows up that way and sometimes it shows up the right way.

I think it depends on how you name your skin. I usually use the squad default skin as a base for my custom work. This allows you to view it in the 3d object viewer without having to open the program all the way up. However if you do not rename that skin after you change it, it will pop up as the squad default. Also, your custom skins, even if renamed can turn up in the darndest places, I have shot my own skins up on airfield attacks and had them turn up being flown in different squadron formations, go figure.

Beard

I did rename my skin to something unique and then placed it in the skins folder, but still it was assigned to all of the squad.

I gather from Beard's comments " even if renamed can turn up in the darndest places" that nobody has clarified what is causing this problem as yet.

Von Baur's comments add another complexity to the issue.

Geeez!!! It makes you want to leave well enough alone and just enjoy the flight!:idea:

Geeez!!! It makes you want to leave well enough alone and just enjoy the flight!:idea:

That's what I do.

It will be assigned to all the squad, unless you have Hat in The Ring! expansion which allows unique player skins (option in workshop).

http://www.overflandersfields.com/Addon1.htm

"• Personalised AIRCRAFT skin!

player can now fly with his own unique custom skin IN SINGLE PLAYER CAMPAIGN!

"