Sign in to follow this  
Polovski

* * PHASE 4 WORK IN PROGRESS SCREEN SHOTS! * * FEB 2011! * *

PS: the refined cockpit interiour makes me wonder, if I really want the pilot body.

We had a poll about this some time ago, and I voted for the pilot figure.

But then, the instruments and gauges are much better visible without that body.

Anyone else thinking the same?

PS: the refined cockpit interiour makes me wonder, if I really want the pilot body.

We had a poll about this some time ago, and I voted for the pilot figure.

But then, the instruments and gauges are much better visible without that body.

Anyone else thinking the same?

At this point, without seeing a picture of the well-done cockpits with the pilots body, I would probably say go without.

Most attempts that I have seen to add the pilots legs and arms/hands, for example, always come across looking quite "gamey" and clash with a well done cockpit.

I prefer the cockpit without the body. The main reason is you can see mixture controls easier without it. When the body is in there it covers a lot of the niceties.

Beard

I also agree that I prefer the cockpits without the bodies. And, come to think of it, I can't recall a single flight sim I've played that modeled a full pilot's body. The closest would be some of the Falcon 4.0 patches that shows the pilot's legs, but they are a 2D painted on part of the cockpit, not modeled.

I also agree that I prefer the cockpits without the bodies. And, come to think of it, I can't recall a single flight sim I've played that modeled a full pilot's body. The closest would be some of the Falcon 4.0 patches that shows the pilot's legs, but they are a 2D painted on part of the cockpit, not modeled.

I could have sworn there are a few planes in OFF, ones I hardly ever fly, that have the pilot's body. Or it could be that was just CFS3 when I was doing my 1 obligatory flight prior to installing OFF. In Aces High, a few planes also had the pilot's body but most don't.

I much prefer not having the body there. It never looks good and obscures the instruments. But most importantly, it's never realistic. The body is there, the hands hare welded to the controls, so they can never do the important pilot functions of smoking, drinking, and making obscene gestures :grin: