Sign in to follow this  
michael82

Libyan MiGs

first your link goes to a bit on Mig21 v F-4E comparison. 2 many factors come into play not just the factory specs of the planes in question. 3 i doubt the maintenece has kept up to keep their birds fully mission capable, many of the pilots are running rather than bombing their own people and if a no fly zone is kicked off, not many of their pilots will care to take off and test the air armada arrayed against them with planes tech and tactics at least a decade newer than what they have. the trouble they may have given the USN in 81(wich still resulted in USN 2 libya 0) was a result of faulty missles and ROE restrictions. when the rematch went down in 89 missles were more reliable and ROE relaxed (think they only had to light ther radars to be considered a threat in 89) so it wetn down smoother for our side. in short any air action over libya would provide them the oppurtunity to get rid of some old warplanes!

The MiG's are good planes, but outdated. And the flight performance of libyan pilots is very very weak.

:lol:

daddy::

...any air action over libya would provide them the opportunity to get rid of some old warplanes!
:lol:

I'd love to get an old Su-7 or early Su-17 if they still had them.

"(think they only had to light ther radars to be considered a threat in 89)"

not quite. But - no comment............

I rather doubt that Libyan Migs today would be much of a contest, it that is what the comment is about.

Against F-14's, they certainly didn't do well. We never took them lightly, though.