Sign in to follow this  
serverandenforcer

Just something to think about...

I am very well aware that many here will probably not agree on this or share this view. I saw it through an e-mail and thought it was just kind of interesting, perhaps note worthy enough to share it here. I understand the need to speak about your opinion on the subject. However, lets try to do so in a respectfull manner so that we don't insult other members here on the site. Lets also respect everybody's elses opinoins as well and keep in mind that not everyone will see things the same way.

http://www.charismamag.com/index.php/news/30446-is-japan-disaster-another-apocalyptic-sign

on the one hand it does stop and make you wonder for a moment. on the other multiple wars, disasters and signs of "the end" have been around for as long as people have been congregating in at least two groups and someone was out front of those groups to explain "it all". the difference today is instant communication where anyone/everyone can know what is happening or said anywhere in the world. same rapid progression that allowed my first deployment in 2000 to feature 1 phonecall a day (if i wanted to get up at 3 am, being a newly wed at the time i did) and one internet seson a week to afghan 2009 where my wife heard the rocket fly overhead and hit thru my cellphone! then looked me over on my personal internet/webcam in the room to make sure i wasnt bleeding anywhere. the same things i think are going on around the world, we just know about it sooner and pay people who are not much smarter than you or i to run their mouths about it.

Edited by daddyairplanes

Japan has more than 1500 earthquakes a year. Japan is located in a region called the ring of fire. Now its not a name for show. This region has alot of volcanic acitvaty and is very seismically active. If you look at the location of japan and understand it all one kinda understands that something like this was bound to happen. And since japan is a country with millions of people the damage would the as we have seen it. This is not the first time something like this has happend and it wont be the last.

So if you ask me, no i do not belive in such things. As daddyairplanes pointed out. We are all so connected today. The world has gotten so much smaller. And knowing about all these catastrophes all the time makes it look like its the end of time but the fact is the amount of earthquakes and hurricanes and all that has not changed per year. Its still the same it just happens to be that they hit highly populated areas.

The wonders of chaos one might say, well not wonders in this case but yeah. Its all in the probabilities.

Edited by xclusiv8

There's also over 6 BILLION people now living in the same size space, so a natural disaster will of course affect that many more people.

Of course, whoever originally came up with the idea that increased numbers of wars, natural disasters, plagues, etc was a sign of the end times deserves to have someone invent a time machine, go back, and kill them before they opened their mouth. To take a bunch of unconnected events and then declare that "that will be the sign" took no talent, just someone looking to make themselves more important by instilling fear in the masses.

Humans also have no real perception of time. We place great symbolic values in human-invented calendar years like 2000 and 2012 and 1000 and so on, but what makes these years significant in the universe? They're just numbers invented by one civilization on one planet in one galaxy out of endless galaxies in a universe that is for all intents and purposes, infinite.

The only days that mean anything are things like equinoxes because they represent something actually happening on a regular schedule that we had no involvement with.

Something like New Years on Y2K was a complete nothing.