Sign in to follow this  
Cody Coyote

Reticent WIngmen

I flew a bomber sortie this afternoon for 69 RFC flying RE8's out of Savy. The date was September 15, 1916 and the mission was to bomb a railroad yard. I was designated as the flight leader. I took off and circled the field but my wingmen never took off. They just sat there while I flew around. I couldn't warp because I got the error message that my flight was still taking off. I circled and circled then finally headed for the target. They never followed. The cover flight of Pups was there and they followed me all the way. I dropped my load (actually hitting something) then turned for home. We encountered a flight of Huns once back over my lines but the Pups fought them off. When I got back to Savy my flight was still there, still sitting on the grass just waiting.

What happened? I've never seen the AI fail to take off before. Does this sort of thing happen often or did I somehow cause it by taking off first?

No, I often take off first, and it never happened to me. This the first time I hear that.

You should perhaps write the Squadron, date, mission time, mission target and

mission type to:

support@overflandersfields.com

Then they can investigate and maybe eliminate it, when it is a fault.

Edited by Olham

If it only happened once in all that time then pass it as a PC glitch and move on. Maybe someone put bad petrol in their crates ;)

I've asked WM to look v v quickly in case there's something very obvious but if it's a one off or rare and no one sees it often then it's not worth spending time on to be honest.

P4 P4 P4..

:D

OK thanks, yeah there is nothing we can do. We looked through the log and it shows nothing wrong at all. Could even be CFS3 itself throwing a wobbly.

If there is 1 random flight bad out of 10000 flights that are fine and only a few people see it it's very hard to find out why, and not a show stopper.

:rofl: (Pol goes to the cupboard and opens a small paper packet soup. The label reads: "Instant Lies" - just add four cups of boiling water) :rofl:

If it only happened once in all that time then pass it as a PC glitch and move on. Maybe someone put bad petrol in their crates ;)

I think that's Olham and his sugar in the tank trick, again :grin:.

Olham: "Have you done that sugar-in-the-tank trick again, BB?"

Bordeauxred Baron: "Vott??! Mee?!?!?! Vould I work vizz such dirty trickz?!

Zatt vass not necessary, since my spies could convince der cook of der British squadron...

Ouch! Now it iss out! Ah, vott ze heck - to hell vizz der Crumpetz, der cook and der sugar!

Sugar in ze mornink! ... Mmuahahahahahahaaaaaaa!!!!!!"

Edited by Olham

I wonder if there's something in the RE.8 that's causing this? I've experienced the same problem a couple of times, but only when I'm flying the RE.8. I haven't seen it with any other aircraft. Fortunately it's extremely rare.