Sign in to follow this  
gunz

Types of missions?

Actually, black and white film is a very recent invention. Color film came first. It's just that back when cameras were invented, the world itself really was grayscale, so that's what showed up on the color film. Over the last 150 years or so, however, the world gradually shifted into the full spectrucm of color we see about us today. This process wasn't uniform or constant. Certain parts of the world grew colors before others, and some of these places alternated between color and gray scale several times during the transitionary period. But eventually color spread everywhere, even to oil paintings several centuries old, which of course had originally been painted in grayscale tones to reflect the reality of that time.

This outbreak of color was very confusing to the people alive back then, especially to people in places where their surroundings were flashing between grayscale and color between different people taking photos. By the time of my childhood in the 1960s, however, most of the world was permanently in color, except for the insides of TV studios and certain 3rd World countries. It was about this time, too, that black and white film was invented. It was used for nostalgic purposes by those who missed the comfortable, less glaring grayscale world of their youth.

I think true colour was not until the early seventies. What people were really seeing in the sixties was a result of what they were taking at that time.

I finished reading the SIA guide for the Fee. Excellent stuff. Now I feel like a Fee expert, even though I haven't actually flown it that much (never outside QC). I wonder what happened to Sgt. Bullethead, the author of the guide? With those seven wound stripes, it seems he was leading a rather dangerous life! :grin:

It will be interesting to see how the Fees behave with that fighter bomber AI. I've never tried that modification mentioned in the guide before. Just a couple of weeks (sim time) left in the Quirk squadron, and then I'll transfer my pilot to No. 20 Squadron. And if the pilot happens to die before that - everything can happen with all those Einies flying around - my new pilot will start his career in the said Fee squadron. :drinks:

Let me guess, what you had today - Jack Daniels? :rofl:

Actually, it was Bombay Sapphire gin :drinks: . But honestly, I stole the idea for the above story from that old "Calvin and Hobbes" comic strip. Calvin's dad once told him a similar story when Calvin (a 5-year old kid) asked why old film was in black and white.

I wonder what happened to Sgt. Bullethead, the author of the guide? With those seven wound stripes, it seems he was leading a rather dangerous life! :grin:

They're coming to take me away, haha!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1d0QND_24DE

He got sent to a padded cell shorlty before 20 Squadron transitioned to Brisfits. He's my only pilot ever to retire, not be KIA or POW.

Oh, Bullethead - you surprise me once again! You know "Calvin & Hobbes"?

Long time ago, I bought the first 5 books, and I still love them.

"Bombay Sapphire" sounds great - so "Far East"!