Sign in to follow this  
Olham

Damn - did I really fly OFF on this?

One day without the Forum is like one day in hell - I must be addicted?

Sent back the motherboard of the brandnew rig yesterday, and I hope they

will exchange it without any hassle.

So I installed the old rig, which I had sorted out one year ago, to get in here.

Well, it works - but this small monitor!

Could I really ever have been flying OFF on this rig????

Everything is slow and uneasy this is stone age!

But I am glad I can at least chisel my messages into stone now.

I feel your pain Olham. My rig has been in the shop for 2 full days and I have no idea when I'm getting it back. When upgrading sometimes we take a step back but in the end its always worth it.

Oh, it will be worth it, when I get this mobo back in correct state.

I made two sorties with the new rig, and it was absolutely amazing, how smooth and clear

my vision was (same graphic crad as before!) with this Intel i5 2500k CPU - amazing!

I was thinking of overclocking, but the standard 3,3 GHz seem to be all I needed.

You can always overclock it later, if you want. You have all the infrastructure for it.

Oh, it will be worth it, when I get this mobo back in correct state.

I made two sorties with the new rig, and it was absolutely amazing, how smooth and clear

my vision was (same graphic crad as before!) with this Intel i5 2500k CPU - amazing!

I was thinking of overclocking, but the standard 3,3 GHz seem to be all I needed.

That sounds great! The CPU I'm upgrading to is a 3.0 GHz quad-core. I'll see how it performs and overclock if needed. Good luck with your mobo.

Indeed, von Paulus - the EFI BIOS makes this a cakewalk, it seemed.

Thanks, Shiloh!

Olham

Congratulations with your new machine :clapping:

I think there is no need for overclocking. Your PC can handle almost everything with standart settings.

:salute:

Feridun

starting to look at overclocking myself now...got the cooling and stuff, so no problem there...it's just quite scary...I've burnt out a board and chip in the past!

starting to look at overclocking myself now...got the cooling and stuff, so no problem there...it's just quite scary...I've burnt out a board and chip in the past!

I've been thinking about overclocking too. I run a Phenom II 550 (Black Edition) and that with my mobo is open to a good overclock apparently. It is a bit scary though and at 3.1 at the moment it handles OFF really well. If I had the cash to pay for another mobo, cpu etc. then I'd say "what the hell" and have a go. But............

Olham: A day without a rig is a Bummer, It seems a person needs 2 machines just to keep one running

Overclocking seems to be pretty easy on these modern boards' EFI BIOS.

I would not go so far as to raise the voltage for any component, but below that,

there is still space for tuning.

Edited by Olham

Just make sure you have enough cooling reserve to handle the OC'ing (since heat is the enemy of all electronics) and you should be fine.