just got done reading Firebreak by Richard Hermann and realized that the 45th didn't just fly Phantoms outta Rats Ass. they also converted to Mud Hens and were still stationed at RAF Stonewood. if your interested another unit featured by that author is the 303d FS (FW?) AFRES outta Whiteman flyin the A-10. slated for deactivation the wind up formin the basis for a new AVG in China. this is not a request, but i've been reading the books again and then saw the 45th's squadrons today while loadin up a mission. (got then loaded in my squadron list :grin: ) thought i might mention it.

Edited by daddyairplanes

funny, as I just finished re-reading (for the umpteenth time) "Dark Wing" a couple weeks ago. Pity the ww2 china map dosn't quite cover the region needed.... I can't imagine trying to replicate the Dragon's Jaw bridge...oi vey!

Now....

If we had a South Africa map ... "Iron Gate"

wrench

kevin stein

Edited by Wrench

actually never read that Iron Gate, never have any cash on hand when i find a copy :dntknw: but a Dark Wing campaign..............

i've gathered from the bits i have read in the store, just always find it when i have no cash(usually the better time to window shop, and figure out if ya really want something!)

Richard Herman Jr's books are as cheap as chips on ebay. Or should that be french fries for you Yanks? :grin:

Ebay.com

http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=richard+herman&_sacat=See-All-Categories

Ebay.co.uk

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/?_from=R40&_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=richard+herman&_sacat=See-All-Categories

Can the Madagascar map be used for Iron Gate or doesn't it cover enough of SA?

I bought "warbirds" from ebay lately, since I lost my original copy, still reading, slowly to enjoy ever page....

i should look online but while im still in fayetteville i only have 2 major bookstores plus about 3 used bookstores in town. and yes i cant always find it! that or Eagle Station by Mark Berent (read the other 4 books in the series). just stubborness on method on my part i guess.