Sign in to follow this  
Stephen1918

Aviatik-Berg D.I is here

I uploaded the Aviatik-Berg D1 today. This is my first plane for First Eagles, I learned a lot while doing this and the next one will be better. If anybody wants to revise the data.ini, please do.

I included my skinning templates for those of you who want to make more skins. Quack74 has already started making skins and has posted some screen caps.

Stephen1918

post-67404-0-92076400-1304989790.jpg

It's Nice ! :good:

Thanks a lot for your job ! :cool:

excellent work.I will be enjoying this once I get home from work.I look forward to your future endevours.

I was the first one to download it (late at night and I just can say two things:

-WOW!!!!

-A big THANK YOU!

The plane looks and flies very, very well, but the FM need a more serious FM (the Peter01 works, you know...). For example, you are based the FM in the stock Albatros D III FM, and gave the plane a pair of Spandaus and a 160 hp engine. It flies well, but the real thing seems to be a 185 series and must have a 200 hp engine an a pair of Schwarzlose MGs. Give me some time and I'll make a new alternative FM, using parts of different planes with close appearance to the different parts.

Now waiting for quack's work....

Future projects? If all of them are so good, I'll like them a lot!

Planes badly needed (not a give me, give me, give me thing, only suggestions, not to be overwhelmed):

Austria:

Phonix D series, Hansa-Brandenburg CI, any Lloyd or Lohner two seaters. Aviatik or UFAG or Knoller two seaters.

Italy:

SIA 7, Pomilio P series, SALM, Ansaldo Balilla

France:

Dorand AR, Farman F 40, Voisin, Nieuport 10, Nieuport 12, Caudron GIV

UK:

Vickers Gunbus, AW FK 8 and FK3

Germany:

Any Albatros C series (the most useful could be the CIII, used also by Austrians), Rumpler CIV, LVG, AEG CIV, Roland DII, Halberstadt CLII, Siemens-Schuckert D IV.

Russia:

Any one. Haven't Russian planes, so far...

OK, first attempt to new FM. I changed some things:

-The plane is a bit heavier now. Not very important, because...

-Engine set for 200hp instead 160hp. There were both engines in use, but the 160 ones were an unsuccesful attempt to save 200hp engines and everybody changed the engines to 185 or 200 hp in the field if available. 200hp was the most common version.

-Schwarzlose MGs instead Spandau ones.

-Different aerodynamic coefficients: fuselage Fokker VII based, wings SPAD VII based (weaker, of course), stab and elevators Camel based. The rest is from original. Test it and tell me.

AviatikD1_DATA.zip

I'll have at least one skin ready for you guys very soon. Working on serial numbers (138 series) and a few personal markings. Need to touchup a few minor details on the plane itself too. Lookin good. And a huge thanks to Stephen1918! This model is beautiful. Some of us have been waiting a long time for an Aviatik D.1. Hats off to Stephen 1918 for his time and effort. Cant wait to see what's next!

Thanks for your comments everyone. I've been building WWI aircraft in 3D for several years (http://www.swroble.com/Aircraft/WWIAircraft.html). The Aviatik DI is my first one for gaming and I'm learning how different the game version has to be.

Ojcar, thanks for the list and for starting a new FM. Someone who's a better flyer than I am should test it. My next one will be the Sikorsky S-XVI, it's not a glamorous plane, but I like it. It will be several weeks before you see it here.

Quack74, I'm looking forward to your new skins.

Stephen1918

the Sikorsky will be a great addition.they have a replica of one at the New England Air Museum right up the road from me.Take your time we have waited for a long time we can waita few more weeks or months ;) thank you again for the excellent work.Thanks to you too Quack for the excellent upcomming skins.

I just have visited your site and have seen a lot of planes from my list. Yummmm! Now waiting for the Sikorsky (a beautiful plane and the firs Russian plane for FE)

Thanks for your comments everyone. I've been building WWI aircraft in 3D for several years (http://www.swroble.c...WIAircraft.html).

Stephen1918

WWWWWOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!

Your hangar is full of vintage top quality WWi aircraft!!! Your site is alibaba's cave!

Can't believe my eyes, we should have known you before!

Hi mate....

Just had a look at your page...some excellent stuff there..would it be possible and easy for yourself to perhaps be able to convert some of your excellent Models to run in F.E. Gold?

Im thinking...

Bleriot XI

Curtiss JN-04

Anatra DS

Albatros CIII

Farman F40

Lloyd C11

Phonix D111

Sikorsky S-16

Spad A2

Taube

Vickers FB5

Any of these excellent models would be brilliant for First Eagles and would further enhance the game...none of them are currently available for First Eagles...I really appreciate all you hard work and hope that you might be able to convert some of these Aircraft in the future.

Kind regards...

Sockboy (Rab)

Fife

Scotland

WWWWWOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!

Your hangar is full of vintage top quality WWi aircraft!!! Your site is alibaba's cave!

Can't believe my eyes, we should have known you before!

Edited by sockboy

A couple more skins almost finished.

post-33545-0-14813800-1305250006.jpg

post-33545-0-89129600-1305250009.jpg

post-33545-0-15091200-1305250014.jpg

post-33545-0-71085700-1305250018.jpg

Ojcar, Nix, and Sockboy - I'm glad you like my planes, but I probably won't be able to do all of them. Those were made for animation, converting them for games is turning out to be an incredible amount of work. Still, I should be able to get a few of them into FE this summer. The Sikorsky is coming along...

Stephen1918

Oh, don't worry and take your time. I'm sure We'll have a nice selection of planes.

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for taking the time to reply, no worries mate, you take your time, I was flying your excellent Berg last night and really enjoyed it...great work..please do not worry if its too time consuming or difficult, I would be more than happy to even have one of your good looking planes for F.E. I very much look forward to your next release..;0) I am not a modeller myself but really appreciate all the hard work that you and others here do for the Community..Quack, I use your skins often mate, they are truly a work of art, please keep it up, they are much appreciated..;0)

Best wishes...

Rab Watson (Sockboy)

Fife

Scotland

Just South of R.A.F. Leuchars

Oh, don't worry and take your time. I'm sure We'll have a nice selection of planes.

Sockboy, have you tried the original flight model or my flight model (look up in this thread)? If using mine, do you like it? give me some imput, please

Great first product!

And the line up on your sight is QUITE impressive!! Keep up the good work!!

wrench

kevin stein

Hiya Ojcar...

Hello mate....

I am using your Flight model mate and its great work, I do like it mate, been flying thisa crate a fair bit..thanks for your excellent addition to Stephens wonderful model...

Cheers mate...

Sockboy

Sockboy, have you tried the original flight model or my flight model (look up in this thread)? If using mine, do you like it? give me some imput, please

Many thanks, mate!

Many thanks, mate!

And my thanks to you, Ojcar, for improving the FM. I'm not a very good pilot so it's hard for me to judge the flight characteristics of the plane when I'm testing it. Nix sent me a better engine sound for the Aviatik, perhaps the two of you could post an upgrade for the Aviatik in the Downloads area?

Stephen1918

You have permission to use my file in your upgrade for the downloads area.