Sign in to follow this  
DukeIronHand

It's crowded in here!

And my last question for the night, before I get accused of spamming, is about the squadron roster, both German and Allied, as displayed in the "Duty Room."

By count, for both sides, there are about 23 or 24 names listed for the squadrons. I think the Jasta's had about 10-12 pilots assigned and RAF fighter squadrons about 15 at full strength.

Is this a CFS3 hangover as, I think, the numbers would be about right for a WW2 U.S. squadron at full strength?

Would this be something that could be edited or would it screw a campaign up?

It is what it is Duke, and will likely break if you edit stuff. It would have taken a more work to implement squad types with correct numbers for P3. For P4 squad numbers are revised :)

Aaaaaahhhh - another sign of the maker(s)!

Aaaaaahhhh - another sign of the maker(s)!

Hehe...reminds me of one of my favorite movies..."Life of Brian" flashing back to your Monty Python thread.

And thanks Polovski for the answer. Waiting for P4 has got me on pins and needles.

I checked out a Pilot#Dossier.txt for an edit job and notice they don't reflect the numbers of names displayed in the "Duty Room." The numbers listed in the Pilot#Dossier.txt file are more "normal."

OFF wants to present the historical / RL aces, which is great, and they don't want them to die any other

but their historical date of death.

But then, the simmer also need wingmen he can "smoke by numbers" so to say.

I think that is one good reason, why there are more pilots in each Sqdn than in RL - we have far more deaths.

Edited by Olham

I think that is one good reason, why there are more pilots in each Sqdn than in RL - we have far more deaths.

True dat!

But that's what the Training Squadrons are for...send us some more Fresh Meat!

Dont ya just love the little hints about P-4 Putin it together part by part I cant wait !

Yeah, the hints of the "devels" are like being poked with the glowing hot red tripod! :diablo:

Keeps you on your toes!

One famous torture of hell goes:

Devel: "New OFF will be released!"

OFF Addict: "When, Master? When?!?!?"

Devel (grinning): " ... Soon!"

OFF Addict: "How soon is soon, Master???"

Devel: "... when it's ready!"

Famous German WW1 fighter ace from the background, where he's getting barbequed over glowing coal: "Mmuahahahahahahahahaaaaaaa!!!!!"

Edited by Olham