...i love you. :biggrin: #nohomo

SidDogg

Hello,

Beautiful and... very dangerous warships for our fighters!!! :good:

More and more accurate stuff with all their weapons! :clapping:

Thank you,

Coupi :bye:

Edited by Coupi

Sorry guys, I wanted to have this uploaded before the weekend, but there's a bug making me delay the release.

I have the Tomahawk version's WeaponSystem data set to TargetType=GROUND, naturally. But if I keep the ship's DetectSystem as TargetType=AIR_AND_GROUND, then it inexplicably attempts to launch RGM-109s against air targets as if they were SAMs.

Needless to say, that doesn't work out very well.unknw.gif

I could set the DetectSystem to Ground only as a workaround, so that it only launches Tomahawks against surface targets, but then it has no air search radar at all and can't feed data to other Aegis ships.

Right now, the Tomahawks are GPS-guided, so I don't even see how the game could think they should be launched at air targets. Any ideas? Are there any possible parameters that I could add or adjust to force the ship to engage surface only without blinding her radar?

WBS

really love the ship(s)! one question tho the first release working fine in first gen after INI fixes but second release is a nogo I was just wanting to use um with ODS maybe shoot some TommI-hawks at the Rep Guard HQ -n- stuff but the VLS jobs won't show up on the gunline any ideas?

Thanks.

I think the ship-ship engagements (and between groundobjects) is something that came with 2nd gen.

WBS

really love the ship(s)! one question tho the first release working fine in first gen after INI fixes but second release is a nogo I was just wanting to use um with ODS maybe shoot some TommI-hawks at the Rep Guard HQ -n- stuff but the VLS jobs won't show up on the gunline any ideas?

Thanks.

I'd love to get it working for you. Could you tell me more about the problem in detail? Can you get the ships to appear in-game? Or are they showing up, but just not shooting? if you have a mission editor like kmd, try putting one in a mission and see what happens.

If it's an issue of them not launching, it could be a difference in how ground object engagements are handled between the two sims, like PureBlue said, or it could be the way weapon parameters are handled.

To make it up to you in the mean time, here's a preview of the next incremental upgrade, "baseline 3," with improved radar (SPY-1B, Shipboard Advanced Radar Target Identification System) and SM-2 Extended Range.

gallery_33721_313_17816.jpg

...Because, you know, a ship that's already a floating radar farm totally needed even more sensors. :3

Thanks, WBS

I don't know why but when you start the mission I like to go around with F7 to see what they are doing when I get to the CG-52 cg-53s they are not there in game the red dialog box that says the ships name and speed like it is there but no ship, I have run it in WOV2 and it shows fine i was just figuring you compiled it in some other gen 2 way witch is ok with me i need to move on up to WOE2 anyway was kinda waiting for ODS2 kinda thing n stuff I think there on the way anyways the CG-47 CG-48 are in game fine save the harpoon, but i can live that also.

Thanks, WBS

I don't know why but when you start the mission I like to go around with F7 to see what they are doing when I get to the CG-52 cg-53s they are not there in game the red dialog box that says the ships name and speed like it is there but no ship, I have run it in WOV2 and it shows fine i was just figuring you compiled it in some other gen 2 way witch is ok with me i need to move on up to WOE2 anyway was kinda waiting for ODS2 kinda thing n stuff I think there on the way anyways the CG-47 CG-48 are in game fine save the harpoon, but i can live that also.

Okay, sounds like a LOD compatibility problem. I re-exported the model using an older version of the ThirdWire exporter plugin, which I'm certain was working with my old SF1 installation, so maybe this will work for you. Just extract the two LODs from this attachment and drop them into your CG-52 and CG-53 folders, overwriting the previous ones. Let me know if the ships are visible after that.

CG-52 LOD alt.rar

Sorry guys, I wanted to have this uploaded before the weekend, but there's a bug making me delay the release.

I have the Tomahawk version's WeaponSystem data set to TargetType=GROUND, naturally. But if I keep the ship's DetectSystem as TargetType=AIR_AND_GROUND, then it inexplicably attempts to launch RGM-109s against air targets as if they were SAMs.

Needless to say, that doesn't work out very well.unknw.gif

I could set the DetectSystem to Ground only as a workaround, so that it only launches Tomahawks against surface targets, but then it has no air search radar at all and can't feed data to other Aegis ships.

Right now, the Tomahawks are GPS-guided, so I don't even see how the game could think they should be launched at air targets. Any ideas? Are there any possible parameters that I could add or adjust to force the ship to engage surface only without blinding her radar?

I think it would be nice to have a separate version of this ship that can engage surface targets with its Tomahawks and Harpoons , even at the expense of losing the anti air capability.

I think it would be nice to have a separate version of this ship that can engage surface targets with its Tomahawks and Harpoons , even at the expense of losing the anti air capability.

I left a line in the CG-53_data.ini from testing in case someone requested this. Under the [DetectSystem] section:

//RadarMaximumAlt=500.0

If you un-comment out the line (delete //), this version of the ship will ignore everything above 500 meters --the vast majority of enemy flights-- and thus focus entirely on ground targets. If that's not enough exclusion for you, you could always change TargetType=AIR_AND_GROUND to TargetType=GROUND.

As a side note, you can change how frequently the ship launches Tomahawks under the [WeaponSystem] section:

MissileLaunchTime=12.0

(Time is in seconds.)

With default settings, the vessel will exhaust its missile supply in 24 minutes. Unlike the anti-air version, which won't launch a second missile until the first hits (or goes ballistic), the TLAMs will keep launching before they even reach the initial target. Feel free to customize these numbers however you like.

WBS,

Hi well the ship visuals are good but the missiles aren't working on the 52's and the 53's launch something but it fizzles not to high after launch and i don't see the tomahawk model during said launch just the smoke and fire during boost phase

I installed the SM-2MR on the 47's to see if its the missile model but they work fine from that platform i have tried numerous rewrites of the 52's .data to see if i could get some action but still no joy all the other defensive systems work as advertised just can't get the birds to fly I know that VLS works in gen1 cuz the UDALOY Class ships work just fine I'm sure it's just something in the .data file that I'm missing that stuff is like the black arts to me LOL

BTW I even tried it in Sf2v and I didn't get any action there either But I didn't used your missile models so I can't say that it "didnt work" there.

thanks

The Ticonator:

Listen, and understand. Them Tico's are out there. they can't be bargained with. they can't be reasoned with. they don't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And they absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead.

Edited by colmack

WBS,

Hi well the ship visuals are good but the missiles aren't working on the 52's and the 53's launch something but it fizzles not to high after launch and i don't see the tomahawk model during said launch just the smoke and fire during boost phase

I installed the SM-2MR on the 47's to see if its the missile model but they work fine from that platform i have tried numerous rewrites of the 52's .data to see if i could get some action but still no joy all the other defensive systems work as advertised just can't get the birds to fly I know that VLS works in gen1 cuz the UDALOY Class ships work just fine I'm sure it's just something in the .data file that I'm missing that stuff is like the black arts to me LOL

BTW I even tried it in Sf2v and I didn't get any action there either But I didn't used your missile models so I can't say that it "didnt work" there.

The launch issue with the Tomahawks sounds like what happens when the ship tries to attack a flying target with them. Try the RadarMaximumAlt mod or TargetType=Ground on that version and see how it goes. As for the missiles not being visible, I'm not sure why that could be. It's the same model included in "MGunny 331KillerBee's Ordnance Shop."

As for the SM-2s not launching, it sounds like an issue with the weapon parameters and not the ship data. It's apparently handled differently between the two series. Try using the ship and missiles exactly as included in the package in your SF2 install. Also, make sure your "Weapons" settings in the option menu are set to Hard. That's the only setting I use and thus the only setting I've tested these missiles on. It might make a difference.

As for the first gen version, try replacing the SM-2MR data with this:

[WeaponData001]

TypeName=SM-2MR

FullName=RIM-66M Standard Missile 2

ModelName=AGM-78

Mass=612.000000

Diameter=0.350000

Length=4.730000

SubsonicDragCoeff=0.120000

SupersonicDragCoeff=0.222000

AttachmentType=

SpecificStationCode=

NationName=USN

StartYear=1986

EndYear=2030

Availability=3

BaseQuantity=2

Exported=FALSE

ExportStartYear=0

ExportEndYear=0

ExportAvailability=0

WeaponDataType=1

RailLaunched=TRUE

RocketPod=FALSE

Retarded=FALSE

FinStabilized=TRUE

SpinStabilized=FALSE

HasGrowl=FALSE

EffectClassName=LargeMissileEffects

ReleaseDelay=0.000000

WarheadType=0

Explosives=137.000000

FusingDistance=3.000000

ClusterBomblets=0

ClusterDispersion=0.000000

GuidanceType=12

Accuracy=98

MaxTurnRate=44.000000

MaxLaunchG=5.500000

LockonChance=100

LaunchReliability=100

ArmingTime=3.000000

SeekerFOV=180.000000

SeekerGimbleLimit=90.000000

SeekerTrackRate=180.000000

SeekerRange=160000.000000

CLmax=14.000000

MinFreq=0.000000

MaxFreq=0.000000

MinLaunchRange=1000.000000

MaxLaunchRange=160000.000000

Duration=450.000000

CounterCountermeasure=90.000000

NoiseRejection=100.000000

CapabilityFlags=0x1000003c

LoftAngle=0.000000

DescentAngle=0.000000

MaxLoftAltitude=0.000000

BoosterStart=0.000000

BoosterDuration=3.500000

BoosterAccel=16.500000

BoosterEffectName=LargeMissileFireEffect

BoosterSoundName=Missile

BoosterNodeName=

BoosterPosition=0.000000,-2.280000,0.000000

SustainerDuration=180.000000

SustainerAccel=6.000000

SustainerEffectName=SAMFlightEffect

SustainerSoundName=Missile

SustainerPosition=0.000000,-2.280000,0.000000

InFlightEffectName=MissileInFlightEffect

InFlightSoundName=

ReleaseAnimationID=-1

EODisplayFlags=0

CEP=0.000000

Hope this helps.

WBS

I can report very good results with the new set of numbers for the SM-2MR it didn't even fiddle with me gave me the ole banana in the Intake fear the reaper, hell fear the TICO/Bunker "Kill"

WBS

I can report very good results with the new set of numbers for the SM-2MR it didn't even fiddle with me gave me the ole banana in the Intake fear the reaper, hell fear the TICO/Bunker "Kill"

Glad it's working well for you now!

I just released the next baseline (CG-59), and updated the CG-52 and CG-47 models as well. Among other things, I used the old exporter version to make alternate LODs compatible with the SF1 series.

Eventually I intend to release two more versions of the Tico, the Baseline 4 series and the "Cruiser Conversion Program" refits. But for now, I think I'll take a break and work on a new model ship, so you guys don't assume I'm a one-trick pony milking the same ship to death.

It's been almost a year since I released this ship, so I decided to do a complete overhaul of the mesh and textures.This involved cleaning up some rough areas of the mesh, reshaping the hull and superstructure a bit, adding a ton of details like railings, lifeboats, nets on the helo deck, tga transparency for the radar dish, new main guns and CIWS, and so on. I also completely remapped the textures much more efficiently, so everything now fits on a single 2048x2048 (rather than two of them) with no loss to quality at all. I think it looks worlds better now, and a more worthy representation of my favorite naval vessel.

Naturally, the updated version will include all updates for SF2:NA such as new effects, optimized collision mesh, fully functional forward and aft Standard launchers, and maybe even working Harpoons. The modern VLS versions will follow shortly after that. Please keep an eye out for it in the downloads section within the next few days.

gallery_33721_313_16463.jpg

gallery_33721_313_29533.jpg

gallery_33721_313_58020.jpg

gallery_33721_313_18214.jpg

and maybe even working Harpoons.

With the new ASM missile, I was thinking if it could be done. Haven't experimented much yet.

I hope you can crack this case :drinks:

Oh, man. Ticos are my blue water crack. Next to a sim with the F-14 in it, my greatest desire was a new sim involving command of an Aegis cruiser. I have your originals already working and showing up in single missions. This update looks sweet!

BTW, USS Port Royal and a lot of the other Ticos are getting coral blue anti-fouling paint as they come in for refits. This can be seen in the added picture.

090924-N-0676F-001.jpg

It's sad. The USN is going to retire the 6 ships that don't have BMDS and one other that requires extensive and expensive hull repairs next year because of fiscal budget cuts. Cross your fingers, this is tentative and if certain things improve, the retirements may be pushed back or not occur at all.

Oh, man. Ticos are my blue water crack. Next to a sim with the F-14 in it, my greatest desire was a new sim involving command of an Aegis cruiser. I have your originals already working and showing up in single missions. This update looks sweet!

BTW, USS Port Royal and a lot of the other Ticos are getting coral blue anti-fouling paint as they come in for refits. This can be seen in the added picture.

It's sad. The USN is going to retire the 6 ships that don't have BMDS and one other that requires extensive and expensive hull repairs next year because of fiscal budget cuts. Cross your fingers, this is tentative and if certain things improve, the retirements may be pushed back or not occur at all.

...Oh my.

I wonder when Cowpens and Shiloh will get those...

SidDogg

...Oh.

Well, they were fun while they lasted :good:

Sure, we'll be smaller with just a DESRON here, but Arleigh-Burke Class is pretty capable...

SidDogg

Yeah, it's sad.Port Royal is on the list because she still has stress damage from when she ran aground in 2008.

Well, at least it doesn't happen so often nowdays.

SidDogg

fully functional forward and aft Standard launchers, and maybe even working Harpoons. The modern VLS versions will follow shortly after that. Please keep an eye out for it in the downloads section within the next few days.

looking forward to Epic sea battles with your ships and the 80's Iowas with working harpoon/ Standard and VLS tomahawks!!!!! And now that we have multiple missile launchers working we can get naval guns firing at truly long range with Monty CZ's artillery mod .