Hello all, for some strange reason after the latest may 2011 patch i seem to be missing my droptanks on the F-105 series, im not sure if they were missing before hand, but i just loaded it up and sadly they are missing now, any ideas to point me in the right direction, any help would be ace, cheers all.

Moof.

Just done a test can confirm I am having the same or similar problem.

The F-105 tank 3d model shows along with the default skin but for some reason the camouflage tanks skins from individual F-105 skin folders are not being used?

I’m having problems with a few squadron decals not showing too. :- (

actually my problem is far worse then i realised, it seems i am missing ALL droptanks for my planes. Any ideas. I deleted my mods folder, loaded the game up (with the may patch) and i had drop tanks, re-added my mods folder and now i no longer have drop tanks, i know for a fact i had them before the patch.

Fixed it, seems i had a conflict with some weapons mods, just ''x'' out the weapons folder and its all grovy, will just re-install the weapons mods i had and it should be back to normal.

Fixed it, seems i had a conflict with some weapons mods, just ''x'' out the weapons folder and its all grovy, will just re-install the weapons mods i had and it should be back to normal.

I had the same problem Moof, did the same thing and walla! Fixed! :drinks:

I'm having a different issue:

When using Wrench's F-104_AP there will always be an unskinned, unjettisonable fuletank attached, whenever the fitting pylon is attached.

Selecting "clean" or a different weapon will make the weapon appear, but only inside the non-jettisonable (unskinned) tank.

Any idea where that issue might originate from?

EDIT:

It's not just limited to Wrench's 104, but it's an issue with all "standard 104" fuel-tanks.

Edited by Toryu

I am having the same with all F-104 mods that use the TW F-104G lod.

My guess is, with the May 2011 patch, TW introduced new F-104 lods, which include the fuel tanks as part of the aircraft model (SF2 standard).

The modded F-104 use old data.ini which does not call for the built-in tanks and so these appear all the time.

Once the new cat tool is available, this problem could be solved. In the mean time, you could extract the F-104G lods from an older version of SF2 and put them in each F-104 folder, that's what I did, works fine till we get the cat tool.

I think I'm gonna try that.

Thanks dude! :good:

if that's the case (of new droptank nodes), one will need to copy ALL the differing drop tank skins into the skin folders for the differing Zipper variants (like the S, ASA, ASM-M, 104Js, etc) that use different painted skins.

Once the extrator is out, (which it is), one could extract the F104Gs data ini, and simply add the NodeName lines to the hardpoints for the various Zipper mods, too. Prolly still have to add the tank skins to the aircraft skin folders, but that's not too terribly hard (copy them from their weapons folders)

wrench

kevin stein

Yes, Wrench, that's correct, however one must decide whether to use the stock drop tanks or those that came with the various F-104 mods by Spillone104. I myself will go for those by Spillone104 - look way better and so much more true to scale than the stock ones. :drinks:

I’m having a problem with add on aircraft that have been designed with multiple copies of their drop tank so one aircraft can have different coloured drop tanks of the same type eg NF-5A. Each drop tank in the weapons folder has a different name eg DT1, DT2, DT3 etc but in the droptanks data.ini file they all have the same ‘TypeName’ statment which is the same as ‘FuelTankName’ statment in the aircrafts data.ini file eg ‘DT’. This means you can load any of the drop tanks that have the ‘DT’ statement as their ‘TypeName’ onto the fuel tank station of that aircraft. However the latest weapons editor seems to automatically make the ‘TypeName’ statement match the name of the main folder containing that weapon/droptank eg the drop tank that had the folder name DT1 but its data.inifile said ‘typename=DT’ has been changed to ‘folder name DT1’ and in thedata.ini file: ‘typename=DT1’.

The effect of this is that none of the drop tanks can no longer be loaded onto the aircraft as the ‘typename’ statement of the weapon/fueltank does notmatch the ‘FuelTankName’ statement of the aircraft’s weapon station.

Anyone know a way around this? It’s affected the NF-5A, RNZAF Canberra and probably some others I haven’t noticed yet.

Cheers,

Dan.

Edited by dtmdragon