Sign in to follow this  
Hauksbee

Who loves the Fokker D-VIII?

We need more two-seaters, especially French ones. :grin:

The Siemens-Schuckert was just as insignificant as the Fokker E.V/D.VIII. Too few, too late. The S-S was indeed an excellent fighter, but the war ended before they were in use in significant numbers.

In my opinion, OFF really doesn't need more late war fighters at the moment, they should be added only after the most obvious missing aircraft have been added. That means two-seaters, no matter how boring they are for fighter jockeys. Naturally I want OFF to have all the WW1 aircraft available one day, but it won't happen anytime soon and things must be prioritized. The Pfalz D.XII and the Roland D.VI would be more important additions to the late war German order of battle than any Siemens fighters. At least they saw service longer than the E.V and the S-S, the Pfalz in relatively large numbers.

I hope after P4 is ready, the devs will release aircraft packs for it. I'd be the first to buy a two-seater pack, for example.

Frankly, I'm surprised that the DVIII was even modelled for OFF - something of a triumph of cinematics over realism.

Way back in the mists of time (during Phase I and Phase II) we had a very vocal proponent for the D.VIII, a lovely young lady by the name of WomenFly2. I can't help but notice that she was more successful at getting her way using her feminine charms than Widowmaker has been with all of his hinting about the Snipe. Time to put on a dress and bat your eyelashes, mate.:heat:

Way back in the mists of time (during Phase I and Phase II) we had a very vocal proponent for the D.VIII, a lovely young lady by the name of WomenFly2. I can't help but notice that she was more successful at getting her way using her feminine charms than Widowmaker has been with all of his hinting about the Snipe. Time to put on a dress and bat your eyelashes, mate.:heat:

I'm getting my Snipe Jarhead..in P4

(and I didn't even have to get my Jubblies out!) :lol:

Although, I pushed like hell...even had to make a Video!..hahaha

Edited by UK_Widowmaker

We need more two-seaters, especially French ones. :grin:

There - what did I tell you?

Widowmaker's nagging about getting a Snipe was like the appearances of Lord Flashheart

in "Blackadder goes forth": the devs finally promised him one, just to make him go away.

:yes: