Sign in to follow this  
Wrench

Super Etendard question ....

when did they start showing up in a gray, lo-viz scheme??? Can't find any data on that, let alone the 2-tone gray!

TIA!

Skyn By Torno

photo51.jpg

6929_274345020227_757580227_8741457_6905113_n.jpg

photo52.jpg

6929_274349335227_757580227_8741536_2576024_n.jpg

6929_274349385227_757580227_8741541_1431844_n.jpg

6929_274349395227_757580227_8741542_4812250_n.jpg

that's the loviz gray I'm looking for! (and redrawing a new template to make!)

the Tiger skin's great!

so, where to find it?

yes, The one I"m doing has brandy new, fully SF2 compliant FM. Still working out a few cockpit bugs. Thinking about the SE-M variant for post-1990 usage (but trying to find a replacement cockpit withOUT a moving map display....<cough> A-7E <cough>

there's a couple of screenies in the Screenshots thread of the original blue skin

To my knowledge the single-tone grey scheme is something "new", apparently sometimes in starting in August June 2008 (some references say 2007 but not backed up by photographs so far 3 planes, replaced at Kandahar by 3 others in August 2008) to go with small upgrades to serve in Afghanistan, prior to that the 2-tones grey scheme was is still the standard.

Apparently after a very quick search, I can't find references to SEM others than those of the 17F to use the single-tone scheme and only 6 (n° 1, 8, 17, 24, 31 and 51 are confirmed so far) of them are confirmed as using it, those based at Kandahar.

I'll continue searching and post more when I find more, it's easier and faster to search for this in french.

Update : The changes for Afghanistan I could confirm are only the ability to use the EGBU-12/GBU-49 INS/GPS Paveways, nothing seems new other than that, the use of the Damocles and Standard 5 work was done earlier AFAIK.

Update bis : Apparently the 6 planes once using the single-tone scheme are using the standard 2-tones scheme now.

Concerning the 2-tones scheme : From what I've gathered so far, it did correspond with the SEM upgrade, so planes started receiving it in 1993 and the last one received it in 1997.

So, no Super Etendard wore it before being upgraded.

The Etendard IVP however started using it in 1993 before being replaced in 1997 by the Standard 4 SEM.

Edited by Gunrunner

Isn´t there a nice 2 tone grey skin out @ checksix?!?

si quieren les paso por mp los skin sin terminar, abandone el proyecto por falta de tiempo y por la seguridad de en un futuro crear un sue nuevo, con lineas mas exactas

if they were passing through the skin mp unfinished, leaving the project due to time constraints and security in the future to create a dream again, more accurate line

sorry my English

• Like 1

thanks gunrunner! looking here from the USA turns up next to nothing!

carlo - many thanks! that's the perfect skin; and there's a newer, better AN blue tooo!

just have to check with Sony on permission to include

this is the loviz gray i'm still working on .. some panel lines still to do, and dirty it up a bit