Sign in to follow this  
SayethWhaaaa

Philippine AF C-5 Galaxy?

So strange. I do not see the United States lend one of their "Galaxy" to the Filipinos... perhaps is it a "chartere"d aircraft for a short time and still wearing the USAF markings

Also remember that some Air Forces name their aircraft differently for example the F-18 Hornet in Candian service is CF-118 or was... This could mean the Nomad that they have in service or it could be that locally they call the C-130H a C-5...

I believe the same Starblast, in Spain, the F-18 we call c-15 (caza 15) 15th fighter in the spanish air force, the c-130 is the t-10 the 10th transport..... The C-5 needs a big airstrip and i don't know how biggers are the philipines airbases??

No, it's not a local convention like Spain. They refer to their C-130s by that designation and the Nomads by their original N-22 designation. In fact, I'm pretty sure there aren't any local designators for their aircraft like that. It just seemed like an odd thing to say for an Air Force official.

Edited by ZmelliFahrdz

It must be a mistake. Considering what that report says about Philippine Air Force lack of money, I can't imagine them buying something as big and expensive as a C-5.

The C-5 Galaxy is only used by the USAF. I'm sure their C-5 is something completely different.

When it comes to airlift, they only have 3 types. C-130s, F-27/28s, and N-22 Nomads. They have like 2 each of the former, and about a dozen of the latter at most.

rgr that all they have is second hand C-130's

So C-5 is probably the local designation for the either the 130 or one of the other 2.

Swing and a miss. There is no C-5 designation in use, at least, not in regards to airlift. This was a mistake on the part of the official apparently...