Sign in to follow this  
ianh755

Request - Paveway III series updated model

Hi all, this is a cheeky request as it's something I hadn't really noticed until the Tornado Pack and involves changing a few weapons but I think the nose section of the current Paveway III model is in dire need of an update compared to the stunning models for the rest of the GBU/AGM family

Currently the following weapons use some form of the Paveway III model - GBU 22, 24, 27 & 28 (plus Navy versions).

The nose section currently looks like this

pw3nose01.JPG

while the seeker head other AGM/GBU weapons is much better looking and puts the original to shame i.e

pw3nose02.JPG

If someone could take a look it'd make me a very happy bunny!

Cheers.................................IanH

Edited by ianh755

i´m working on a update for all LGB´s but it will take some time antil they are done because of projects with a higher priority , so sorry you may have to wait antil i find some spare time or some other modder do them :grin:

If you're doing them I'll wait.

i have all measurements and blueprints and i have started some while ago with the 3d-work and i continue with it but only as a "relaxation" from the other 3D-work i have to make so you have to wait the usual 2weeks or longer :grin:

just some of the data i have , some bombs are finish except for the mapping and the skin the quality is the same as my other weapons

for some boms i dont have the marking and lettering if someone has some very good pictures of it please send them to me :grin:

Will it be the customary "2 Weeks" then :grin:

Thanks for having a look, I think it's pretty much the worst weapons model in the McGunnys pack and the wait will be worth it.

As to pictures, I've only got RAF Practice/Concrete PW3 which has different markings (and our's is the GBU27 penetrator version).

Edited by ianh755

maybe even longer then 2Weeks because as i mention above i dont work on this as a priority project more as a relaxation from the other projects i´m busy with :grin:

i just made a quick mapping for the GBU-10 family the skins are not finish and still needs a lot of work , the GBU-10B/B (fixed tail) is still in work

here is a beta version of the GBU-10_Pack , just for testing :grin:

includet are the Paveway I as well as the Paveway II Navy version , skins are not final

I'd suggest a template for the Navy skins since after looking at GBU-12s there was a variation in coloscheme for all the bombs that were in the picture. But nice... now to start removing the older ones :smile:

I'd suggest a template for the Navy skins since after looking at GBU-12s there was a variation in coloscheme for all the bombs that were in the picture. But nice... now to start removing the older ones :smile:

here you go , may be you can add the little things that are stil missing to (so i dont have to) :grin:

:smile: I'll see but so far looking good as it is... I'll have to go through my reference files and see what I can do.

The nose section currently looks like this

pw3nose01.JPG

the nose section now looks like this , GBU-27A/B and GBU-28A/B are done if anybody has a picture of a nose-section with GPS antenna i can make the GBU-28C/B as well

WOW! Here's some RAF Enhanced PW3 shots. Virtually the same head but with the GPS data cable running from tail to head like the PW4. Don't know if the US EnPW3 is the same though?

31376360.jpg

06C472EF_C2A9_8C69_5D0040D9FB00F705.jpg

p0552928.jpg

EGBU-24 closeup on the head (GPS AE visable)

p0576781.jpg

Hope that helps!

Edited by ianh755

thanks this is what i was looking for , now i would like to know if the GPS antennas was mounted on the nose-section like here on the GBU-49

here is a beta of all GBU´s i made

GBU-49 with GPS

Edited by ravenclaw_007

I'd just like to add that I don't get any FPS drop (at least on my rig) with his bombs, and the only way you'll miss is bad flying technique. :good:

Ravenclaw-007 - Yes it is the EGBU-24 Nose photo above only shows the blanking cover location not an AE. The GPS AE is mounted the same way as the PW4 etc where it sticks up about 1 inch above the skin and is an olive drab colour the same as the EnPW 2 in the pics below.

enpw3.jpg

Edited by ianh755

I d/l'd the beta and they're fantastic, especially loving the little details like the arming wire animation!

One thing I saw was that the PW4 has no "sensor glass" on the model like the rest.

I really can't wait to start playing with the PW3 models when they come out too :good:

Edited by ianh755

i´m sorry i forget to add the sensor-glas here is the Paveway-IV complete

Thanks for the PW4 update! I've just seen the GBU-123 model in the screenshots thread and yet again it looks stunning, I can't wait for the final release as both this and the new A-10C cockpit have rekindled my Sf2 bug after a few months of playing ARMA2 only :drinks:

Thanks for the PW4 update! I've just seen the GBU-123 model in the screenshots thread and yet again it looks stunning, I can't wait for the final release as both this and the new A-10C cockpit have rekindled my Sf2 bug after a few months of playing ARMA2 only :drinks:

one question to the "GBU-123" this designation is not existing or at least i can not find a single reference on it , there is a semi-official designation as "CBU-123" but the RAF refers to this LGB´s only as 1000-lbs PW-II , 1000-lbs EPW-II , EPW-III (GBU-24) or PW-IV

i set the bomb as 1000-lbs Paveway_II and deleted the GBU-123 for now

Hi Raven - You're right, I used the GBU reference as that it's called in the McGunny pack so I though that is what most people here would know it as. As you stated unlike the USAF with it's mix and match of guidance system and bombs we only have 3 Paveway bombs, En/PW2 = Mk20/22 1000lb (in GW1 '91 we used WW2 Mk13's when the newer ones ran out), En/PW3 = BLU-109 penetrator (USAF GBU-24A/B and E/B) & PW4 = US Mk82 (the RAF didn't have any 500lb bombs so we bought the Mk82 to replace the En/PW2 series).

Those are the only LGB's we have so we just refer to them as their Paveway number i.e "We're fitting a Paveway 3 lads" etc and everyone knows what we mean.

When I did the weapons for the Tornado pack I realiseed that most people would have the McGunny pack or similar which adds it's own LGB's so I renamed the weapons and their folders "RAF_????????" so it'd be obvious in-game which versions were the RAF ones and which were McGunny ones so "1000-lbs Paveway_II" becomes "RAF_1000-lbs Paveway_II" etc

Edited by ianh755

i will do the same , i already deleted the GBU-123 and i will use now the RAF designation for those bombs

in your aircrafts loadout.ini you have to change now from GBU-123 to Paveway-II_UK

and here the Buccaneer loadout.ini´s changed to Paveway-II_UK

Edited by ravenclaw_007

Cool! Are you doing the Enhanced versions too?

PS

I found something about the GBU or CBU/CPU naming -

"The UK 1,000-lb LGB is not designated CPU-123. The CPU-123 is the computer processing unit portion of the MAU-169 guidance section (it's the green part between the DSU-18 "birdie" in front and the brown DCU-199 control section, which in turn attaches to the adapter collar appropriate to whichever warhead it is being mated to).

All three components are marked individually with their designation, and then marked in larger script their assembly designation. I can only think that someone in the past has read the CPU 123 designation off that particular section and assumed that was the designation of the whole item."

So that clears up why the McGunny pack named it that then :good:

***EDIT***

Took the '98 Tornado GR4 for a spin with the new/old GBU-27 models Wow what a difference!

oldandnew.JPG

Edited by ianh755