Sign in to follow this  
UK_Widowmaker

OT...FOR GOD'S SAKE!

What is it with people today?

I posted a youtube video for the Zulu Wars Modification of Napoleon Total War...Another user kindly posted a tuitorial video on the thread on EXACTLY how to find, Install..and play the Mod....yet, I constantly get comments like "How do you play this?"...."Where do I buy this game?"

Why oh why are people so f'ing LAZY these days?...they rush around like headless chickens, expecting everything this minute...and not bothering to stop and actually READ up...all the info is there!...we have the Internet...where all our stupid questions can be answered!....It seems to me, that rather than advancing Human Knowledge...it is making us head backwards!!

Rant over

I sympathise, mate.

I would say, though, that the internet does have the capability to advance human knowledge - WILFing has defintely advanced mine - but what the internet exacerbates is the ability of people to ask stupid questions! Having everything potentially at one's fingertips does lead one into the trap of not engaging brain before operating said fingers!

I sympathise, mate.

I would say, though, that the internet does have the capability to advance human knowledge - WILFing has defintely advanced mine - but what the internet exacerbates is the ability of people to ask stupid questions! Having everything potentially at one's fingertips does lead one into the trap of not engaging brain before operating said fingers!

Amen to that Dej :good:

And people wonder why it is that so many are being diagnosed with ADD.

Most of it is because of the "Instant gratification" provided by today's electronic ether.

And about those popups on tv which tell me what I'm watching ( I know) and what's up next (I don't care and I have a guide)

And the list goes on and on.

There are flickers of hope, however. My kids really do limit the amount of electronic activity for my grandchildren in favor of books, sports, old fashioned conversation etc.

and some are even discovering that FaceBook is hazardous to your personal privacy! Whoda thunk.

end of rant...for now

All true.

Instant gratification is good for business. We're being forced upon it. Flesh is weak.

If things don't change we will see it spread in all society like cancer.

I knew soon or later, the "Brave New World" would be real. I've never seen it as utopia or a dystopia.

Well Widowmaker, people expect to learn like in Matrix, reading is useless! As you know, I work at an airport and once a passenger asked me where Gate B1 was. Right above my head a sign cube was hanging from the ceiling, 2x2x2 meters big, with a -B1- on all four sides! I gave up trying that very day!

how do I read this post......where is it?

Edited by UK_Widowmaker

Ridiculous WM! I watched that entire video and not one soldier thought to use a Dragon Shout ability to clear out the Zulu. And this mod is supposed to be based on "historical fact"? Ha. :grin:

As for people not people not reading, I think it has more to do with "overinformation". Because there's 100,000 posts to read through, they'd rather just ask and hope someone tells the specifically rather that search for the answer...even when the answer is right in front of them. I get that at work all the time. We send out an e-mail explaining to the staff that in order for a particular application to work on their computers, they need to do "X". Within a day I have 12 tickets complaining that the application doesn't work and I can see clear as day that they didn't follow the instructions. We explain to them personally what needs to be done and they respond "Why didn't somebody tell me that?" We re-forward the e-mail that shows them we did tell them that and their response is "I don't have time to read all these e-mails."

Hellshade

As for people not people not reading, I think it has more to do with "overinformation". Because there's 100,000 posts to read through, they'd rather just ask and hope someone tells the specifically rather that search for the answer...even when the answer is right in front of them. I get that at work all the time. We send out an e-mail explaining to the staff that in order for a particular application to work on their computers, they need to do "X". Within a day I have 12 tickets complaining that the application doesn't work and I can see clear as day that they didn't follow the instructions. We explain to them personally what needs to be done and they respond "Why didn't somebody tell me that?" We re-forward the e-mail that shows them we did tell them that and their response is "I don't have time to read all these e-mails."

R. T. F. I. Read The Instructions :good:

Nice video Widowmaker, looks rather good but, where do I buy this game?

:drinks: Really Nice job Widowmaker. If I ever decide to get a Steam account, I will pick up Total War and down load your App. As for the Utopia of Instant Gratification ( The Internet and computers in General) , I can see it leading to a Civilization of Dysfunctional People.

I presume this is the one?

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=403556

1/Final zulu-khartum mod

a/ self installer.exe MADE BY HUSSERL TW:

link for download: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=41LRUZZM

It would be better if a link was provided, and I often find instructions for installing some mods quiet difficult to follow. And certainly when it was mentioned above about emails sent at work and not everyone reading them. It was worked that in my place of employment it would take 8 hours a month to read all emails sent. Not likely so one just scans for what one thinks is relevant. I find a lot of work places just use emails as an excuse not to provide a proper service.

The Total War series is like Skyrim, fantastic value. I have quiet a few of them and never finished one. Too little time.

I wish I had enough time to play them with mods. But these darn companies keep bringing out new titles to distract me, like the upcoming OFF phase 4. Bet that distracts from Skyrim before I finish that as well.

I think that's the problem we all play too many games and keeping up with the mods patches etc can be a full time job, so we take the easy way old and ask for help from people directly as we have too little time to do the searching.

Dam life's hard.

Cheers MarkL

To be fair, I'm absolutely guilty as hell of being a complete prick when it comes to asking advice. In my case it's usually breathless enthusiasm - borne of not being particularly bright - that does the damage, so I frequently find myself asking someone a question on t'interwebs, only to realise about 5 minutes later that they've actually told me everything I need to know.

But, hey ho. If I'm going to teach the terminally dim, I need to know and experience exactly how they do stuff, don't I? Don't I?

Well that's my excuse.

Cheers,

Si

people will ask me who wrote the music for a film I've scored. my name appears in two-feet high letters in both the titles and 2 or 3 times in the credits. blink.gif