no, he dosn't want pirates reverse-engineering the LODs anymore, hence the locking of ObjectData.002.

and the reason some of us folks have archived pre-june 2011 extracted cats. So we can look into The Abyss (and have it look back at us... sorry...was watching the movie again)

Forgive my comment. It is just frustrating when a particular feature no longer works as the sim is improved...

O.K. now I understand. My apologies.

No need to apologize. We’re just trying to help each other here. :salute:

If it doesn’t work then it doesn’t work. So what? You can’t have it all. Let’s just forget the drooping ailerons. Your F-4N DECM fairing in itself is a huge step bringing us closer to a visually realistic in-game F-4N. So thanks again.

and the reason some of us folks have archived pre-june 2011 extracted cats.

Unfortunately I only have the lods from SF2E extracted and safely stored. Though I have earlier versions of the other games as well, I was too lazy to reinstall them just for the sake of the lods.

So we can look into The Abyss (and have it look back at us... sorry...was watching the movie again)

The Abyss? You mean the one from ’89 with Ed Harris? Now that’s a great movie.

I've looked in all 3 F-4B (B, B_65, B_67) lods -all 1/28/11 extraction dates- and there's no drooping aileron listed.

looking at the F-4J its the only with the droop

i think, it might have had to be set in MAX when the LOD was constructed (via dual animation thingy?? -not sure about that exactly)

I've looked in all 3 F-4B (B, B_65, B_67) lods -all 1/28/11 extraction dates- and there's no drooping aileron listed.

looking at the F-4J its the only with the droop

i think, it might have had to be set in MAX when the LOD was constructed (via dual animation thingy?? -not sure about that exactly)

yes the sistem that Wrench referes his the onlly way to make this work since only one action or aniamtion can be added to a mesh~then the only way to get two animations set or way off moving his making a small 100% transperent box and link the mesh on that box then animated the box so that the box make set of movements and the mesh flap or aileron etc do the outher movemente this droped aileron his one off those cases so yes you need a max file for this to work.

So what did archiving a pre-patch version of the extracted files gain us? You still can't see what's inside the .LODs using a hex editor.

yes, you can still look with the hex editor (pre may/june/whatever) which has helped for other aircraft mods

unfortunately in this case, it didn't gain us anything, and I apoligize for that. I'd hoped there was something there, but as it turned out....