Sign in to follow this  
redpiano

OFF P4 information please.

Can you link me to the file I need for the Damage model mod, I think I saw quite a few different DM mods.

And does you flight model mod affect more than just a couple planes? The ones I saw said they only affected a couple of planes I don't fly, I think it was the pup, sop tripe and one other.

My latest DM is here: http://combatace.com...hpw-ultimatedm/

Currently, I have a couple of FM mods. One is for German planes, the other is for Allied planes. I will be releasing a combined FM mod in a few days or so which will contain the following planes: all Albatross, Pfalz, Roland, E III, Dr1, Pup, Triplane, N28, Spad VII and 13, and the Re8.

Edited by Herr Prop-Wasche

I'm enjoying the game so far, I've flown about four campaign missions for 56th squadron. I love the environments in the game, lots of ground objects and stuff going on all over the place. My only complaints are that the lighting in overcast weather doesn't look right and I've got a "cfs3 has encountered a problem" error a couple times.

I have a couple more questions if you guys don't mind.

1. What key disables the hit messages, I looked through the options and I thought I had found it but those messages don't seem to want to go away.

2. Can gunners shoot through the tail of the aircraft? Fighting a DFW C.V I engaged from below like I do in ROF(with mods) and I was hit, I'm not sure if I wasn't totally under the tail or if he shot me through the tail.

3. Can gunners and pilots be killed? I haven't been wounded yet and it doesn't seem like I've gotten any pilot kills either.

4. Is there an actual reload animation? Flying the SE5 I know that the gun ran out of ammo at some point but it seemed to just come back on it's own moments later. Also can anyone confirm if P4 will have like gun cocking animations or anything? I imagine that's maybe not possible in CFS3.

Thanks again.

... But OFF looks very good even on mid settings (we made it so).

There you have one of the subtler reasons why OFFers prefer OFF to any other flight sim.... The Devs. Their love for the subject and the desire to immerse the player is such that it's not a case of 'this sim will look jaw-dropping gorgeous and run like silk off a polished shovel for the elite bleeding-edge few'... but 'we want as near the maximum experience for as near a maximum of players'.

It ain't about the eye-candy it's about the overall feeling. With love you get a masterpiece, with money you get a product.

1. What key disables the hit messages, I looked through the options and I thought I had found it but those messages don't seem to want to go away.

2. Can gunners shoot through the tail of the aircraft? Fighting a DFW C.V I engaged from below like I do in ROF(with mods) and I was hit, I'm not sure if I wasn't totally under the tail or if he shot me through the tail.

3. Can gunners and pilots be killed? I haven't been wounded yet and it doesn't seem like I've gotten any pilot kills either.

4. Is there an actual reload animation? Flying the SE5 I know that the gun ran out of ammo at some point but it seemed to just come back on it's own moments later.

1. In "Workshops" go to "Graphics Config", "File" > "Custom settings..." > "Window" > "Overrides". Disable "Advisor messages" und "Chat".

2. No, there is a dead angle for each two-seater rear gunner. But when the MG stand was on a ring mount, the ring could be turned, and the stand could get moved

to the left and right side, which gave the gunner a good field of fire, and reduced the dead angle a lot.

3. Yes, gunners and pilots can be killed. It will not be mentioned in the messages though.

4. There must be a command key for bringing down the gun from your upper wing, to simulate the reload. But you must not do that; the ammo will be reloaded automatically.

If you want to bring the gun down, you must check the command keys. Press "Esc" ingame, and go to "Controls".