Sign in to follow this  
redpiano

OFF P4 information please.

The turn continues, HP-W, but it's painfully slow. Throw your TAC up, you can watch the waypoint line go around. It just looks more like the minute-hand on a clock than the second-hand.

There was a DVD version RE-released by UBISoft. Seems tricky to find now.

It's called "Exclusive" brand.

With the CD version you have to have the CD in the drive to play. There is a "no CD crack" but I think I read that it leads to problems in P3.

With the DVD version you do not.

Indeed; not that much difference; just that you don't need to have the DVD in the drive.

I found the DVD version only on German Ebay right now - not in the US or UK.

The DVD version has been very difficult to find for several years now. I was fortunate enough to find one brand new copy last year, just in case my old CFS3 CDs from 2002 stop working one of these days.

Still available via German Ebay (ebay.de).

I was looking at some screenshots and reading some threads. Seems like this game could maybe be a real power hog? I have a core i5 2.8ghz, 4gb of ram and a GTX 480, do you think I'll be able to max the game out and still run at a solid 60 fps?

No need to max it out, redpiano.

Most games and sims look far less attractive, when you need to lower the sliders.

Not so OFF.

See my screenshots. They were made with two of the sliders on "3" and even "2" instead of "5",

and I think they look really good.

2.8 GHz is really lower end, but it should be possible to run OFF.

If you have a newer mobo with EFI BIOS, you should even be able to overclock the CPU to 3.1 GHz or higher.

Redpiano, based on the few bits and pieces of your system you've already listed I will hazard a guess that you'll be able to push OFF just as far as your heart desires. And welcome to the madhouse Sir, always nice to have another lunatic to join in the fun. BTW, if it hasn't already been mentioned, new lads buy the drinks, so a nice black-n-tan for me my good man!

:drinks:

Cheers!

Lou

The CPU speed may need a boost some simple light overclocking might be worth it. But OFF looks very good even on mid settings (we made it so). When you get OFF try all graphic setting sliders on 5, but terrain and scenery on 3,3 initially and see how you go.

Redpiano, based on the few bits and pieces of your system you've already listed I will hazard a guess that you'll be able to push OFF just as far as your heart desires. And welcome to the madhouse Sir, always nice to have another lunatic to join in the fun. BTW, if it hasn't already been mentioned, new lads buy the drinks, so a nice black-n-tan for me my good man!

:drinks:

Cheers!

Lou

Haha, well you'll be drinking without me. I go sober like Mccudden hehe.

And thanks Polovski, I actually already know how to OC my CPU so I'm about to do that now.

Not to worry RP, it will be a virtual black-n-tan for me as well. I've been flying sober for the last 25 years myself.

Congrats on that Louvert, I've been lucky enough to avoid it entirely. I just saw your signature, lol'd at both the quote and the pic :D

Got my CPU overclocked to 3400mhz, running fine so I should be all good! Placing my order tonight for P3.

Sounds like all very good now, redpiano.

Like you and RAF_Louvert, I have given up on the real stuff; so I'll have a virtual "Warsteiner Pilsener" - a large one, please!

If you send me a PM with your hometown, I'll add your name to our OFF Forum Pilots Maps.

I'm looking through the downloads section for OFF, it's so awesome to have modifcations for a game. That's the worst damn part about ROF is a bunch of the issues could be fixed by users if 777 would allow modding.

Anyone have suggestions on which mods to use with P3?

I downloaded flak mod, elephant's mod(whatever it is I forget) and the realistic tracers smoke effect mod. I get my game today WOO WOO!

Can't wait to hear about your first experiences with OFF, redpiano.

Make sure to follow the installation instructions exactly. If you have any trouble, just ask.

Happy flying! :flyer:

A number of people seem to like my damage model mod for OFF, so you might give that a try for comparison purposes after trying the stock damage model.

When you begin to feel more adventurous, you might try one of my FM mods.

I also have a "news" mod that adds some news stories and corrects some of the existing news stories.

Also, don't forget to try one of the many user added skins for OFF and Creaghorn's sound mods.