TK set his E-2C to AircraftCapability=DAY_ONLY??

Is it a mistake, because surely the E-2 is up night or day, or is it a game thing?

Cheers

Snapper 21

Dunno A-7E_74 has day only also - dont think ive flown a single night mission in NA

Carriers don't have lights + AI dogfights like its daytime at night = don't bother with night :grin:

AI doesn't see or recognize low light/night time, other than turning on his lights when you do.

i've been asking TW/TK since WoV for lights on carriers, and we still dont have that ability.....

Edited by SkateZilla

cause it's dark at night! :lol: what does it do if you edit to day and night?

• Like 1

I think (according. to wikipedia ;P ) that A-7's received the night attack capability in late 70's/ early 80's.

I think (according. to wikipedia ;P ) that A-7's received the night attack capability in late 70's/ early 80's.

I've got an account of a night mission over Vietnam in 1972 in an A-7E - which was a bit more advanced than the Avro Lancaster (another night flyer) - but suspect TK would need to have a set of night only missions - aka Strike in the A-7s case.

Right, I've also found some references (google) to night sorties during the Vietnam War...but nothing specific as to employment of weapons...How did they bomb/attack/strike at night without FLIR equipment receceived a decade later? Did Vietnam era A-7s had some ballistic computers that enabled bomb release at a preprogrammed coordinates or smth?

That was a good read, thanks Wrench! :good:

From the book (about A-7D, E and C (presumably, since it shared avionics with E)):

"Other components of Navigation and Weapon Delivery System (NWDS) included a Doppler radar system, inertial measurement set, air data computer, tactical computer, projected moving map display, armament station control unit, and a forward-looking radar that provided air-to-ground ranging, terrain-following and terrain avoidance, as well as other data. What the NWDS did was give the A-7 a greatly improved weapon delivery accuracy."

It looks like it was possible for said A-7 versions to attack targets at night using all this fancy radar & inertial computers & systems. It wasn't as accurate as day ops until they started to use FLIR pods in 1979, I guess.

So, is it safe to assume A-7C, D & E can be set to DAY_AND_NIGHT in data.ini to better reflect their capabilities? Oh, and in game terms, we have CCIP HUD, ground mapping radar, bright nights and the magic "E" key to melp us deal with the midnight urges. :lol:

Edited by SFP1Ace