SayethWhaaaa

Hawker Hunters in Hawaii?

Does anyone know if ATAK are operating Hawker Hunters out of Hickham/Pearl? Was at a beach in Kualoa today and we caught glimpses of fast movers operating very near us and amongst the other military traffic and at first they looked like Rhinos, although when they orbited closer, they seemed to have the distinct Hunter sillouette.

ATAC does alot of military contract Aggressor work, so it is plasible. That is a very far flight for the Hunter, so if they are there, I wonder how they got there without air refueling.

-Jeff

Edited by ST0RM

It wasn't an F-22 as far as I could tell, we saw a pair doing their thing out of while we were on the Mighty Mo today and the sillouette was completely different. The big Hunter wing was easy to spot and it had a distinct single engine look about it. You're right Storm, hell of a long way for one to go. If it is a Hunter, I'll be buggered if I know how they got it there.

Edited by ZmelliFahrdz

Like any other big cargo? Take the wings off, stick it in a large ship, reassemble it at the far end. It wouldn't be worth it for a short stint, but for an extended contract...

Makes sense w/US govt cutting back on the military.