Sign in to follow this  
Murphy'S

Is there a distance indication for eo weapons

hello

just a question do we have a way (or do we already have) a distance/range indicator when we lock a target withe the maverick for exemple?

I was a having a devil of a time with the Walleyes in my A-7E campaign myself. Stupid things seem to miss more often than dumb bombs!

I was a having a devil of a time with the Walleyes in my A-7E campaign myself. Stupid things seem to miss more often than dumb bombs!

I also got the same stupid thing with the Bullpups fired from 'Thud' or 'Skyhawks', having to fire it before 5 to 6 miles off the target !

They were just as bad in real life. Walleyes until the later versions were just terrible. Bullpups were never good. No matter what upgrade they did to them. To get them to work though I go in high and shallow dive them in. Bad part about that is you are SAM fodder. One thing I love about what TK done with the weapons is make them all less accurate. Or at least I think he did because my kill count is way way down. Despite is flaws I'm have a blast with SF2:NA. I set a mission n 1989 with lots of Ticos. I have over 75 in bound vampires to my convoy. The Ticos took out about 69 of them. It was f***ing insane. they fired until depleted and turn hard to get away. Just amazing. The trap was set though, when the Backfires turned to head home my Tomcats met them. it was hard not to pounce the on the way in but the Ticos did their job. It was a massacre for the Backfires. Out 45 only 6 got away. Needless to say that the Russias were going to need to figure another tactic. This is still the best of all the SF series.

They don't have any actual distance meter but you'll find the screen changes once the Walleye gets valid lock. The # indicator will expand and fixated. If you drop Walleyes once these are confirmed, they yield perfect hit!! Oh yeah, it's a game!!

Of course, low altitude ground skimming flight never hits either. I guess it's not impossible but hard to achieve with Walleye than dumb bombs.

The A-7's have a In Range light on the right HUD frame, it comes on when you are inside max launch range and are not exceeding min/max launch G limits

Theres no distance to (ground)target range function.