Where do I find Decals.ini in FE2? Is it in the Users of program file path, or do I have to unpack it please.:dntknw:

I am busy installing all my planes into FE2 after changing from FEG and I honestly do not know.

If you go read the SF2 Knowledge Base, you will understand FE2, since FE2 and SF2 are 99% alike.

The Decals.INI are in the Aircrafts' skin folders. Users/ name/ saved games/ FE2/ Objects/ Aircraft/ ex: Neiuport17/ No.60 Squadron/ Decals.INI , Texturset.INI , and .bmp's for the skin.

For the stock aircraft you'll need to unpack the "ObjectData" (security Cats) folders first.

Found in the games main location: C:/ Program files/ Thirdwire/ FE2/ Objects/ ObjectData001, 002, 003, 004.

What i did was copy all 4 of these files and paste them into my Users/ ../../Objects/ folder then unpack them. That way it's easier to place all data that you want to into their proper locations.

Edited by quack74

The Decals.INI are in the Aircrafts' skin folders. Users/ name/ saved games/ FE2/ Objects/ Aircraft/ ex: Neiuport17/ No.60 Squadron/ Decals.INI , Texturset.INI , and .bmp's for the skin.

For the stock aircraft you'll need to unpack the "ObjectData" (security Cats) folders first.

Found in the games main location: C:/ Program files/ Thirdwire/ FE2/ Objects/ ObjectData001, 002, 003, 004.

What i did was copy all 4 of these files and paste them into my Users/ ../../Objects/ folder then unpack them. That way it's easier to place all data that you want to into their proper locations.

Thank you Quack. I had been reading the SF2 instructions but still could not figure out where those ini files came from so much appreciated.:salute:

I think I half worked out my problem with not finding the ini files. StrikeFighters2 extractor was not reading the cat files because somehow they defaulted to notepad files on installation. I changed properties to be crypto files and SF2 extractor will now read them but it will not unpack them. I am thinking either to copy the cat files across from my Laptop installation or to reinstal FE2 might fix it.

I love the whole windows 7 and new computer experience! :heat:

Some of my old programs just will not run anymore because they are not compatible with 64 bit windows 7 despite messing about with compatibility settings. I guess that means time to upgrade them too.

make sure you have the right extractor, I guess it get broken with each patch so double check that the extractor and the game are on the same "level"