Sign in to follow this  
Stratos

Installing Jan Tuma tiles?

Anyone know how to install Jan Tuma seasonal terrain files? I tried to follow the instructions as per other SF games with no luck. BTW I'm on WIN 7 and yes I installed under Users/saved games...

Thanks in advance.

The tiles just go in the Terrains folder - make sure its spelt correctly

Image files:

C:\Users\Stratos\Saved Games\ThirdWire\FirstEagles2\Terrains\seasonal_tiles

Other files

C:\Users\Stratos\Saved Games\ThirdWire\FirstEagles2\Terrains\wwiCambrai

C:\Users\Stratos\Saved Games\ThirdWire\FirstEagles2\Terrains\wwiVerdun

What Migbuster said. The critical point may be that in FE2/SF2 sims, the install folder is 'Terrains' ie plural, while in FE/SF it's 'Terrain' ie singular, a detail that's easy to miss. One of those areas where install instructions based on a 1st gen sim can be wrong for a 2nd gen, even if you remember to use the Saved Games 'mods' folder.

33LIMA,when the terrain was first released I made that mistake and drove myself nuts for days trying to fix it. I can say once my blood pressure went down I had to laugh at missing it lol.

Worth it when you get there; tho at the moment I'm back with the stock terrain whose appearance I find looks most like the natural hues I see out my window (unlike the rather garish shades on first release of FE), has a convincing lower contrast between the Lines and the other countryside, and has least visible tile repetition, tho I like stock, Jan T and Flanders too; it's nice to be spoiled for choice

Hi Lima,

Always impressed with your screenies. Particularly the clouds and lighting. What time of day and what cloud settings are using in the first screen shot with the Nieuport please? I just tried a couple of different ones in a balloon busing expedition but could not get the same look as yours. :salute:

Hi Lima,

Always impressed with your screenies. Particularly the clouds and lighting. What time of day and what cloud settings are using in the first screen shot with the Nieuport please? I just tried a couple of different ones in a balloon busing expedition but could not get the same look as yours. :salute:

Thanks Baxter! I'm near-certain the main sky mod I use is this one, by Panama Red, which seems to work by producing the incredibly atmospheric distant/horizon cloud effects:

http://combatace.com/files/file/9664-realistic-sky-mod-first-eagles/

I also use a cloud mod - which I think is NOT the one that came with the above mod, as I vaguely recall having probs with its Environmentsystem.ini - to 'beef up'/texture the stock volumetric 'cotton wool' clouds. But I DO use the horizon cloud textures from Panama Red's mod. I have no idea if his realistic sky mod (the horizon cloud part) changes automatically - or at all - with season/time or if (as I suspect) you need to choose files manually to choice - I vaguely recall viewing all the horizon cloud images in the mod, and choosing the most dramatic - but I do know that whether I chose the file myself or FE chose it for me, I think the effect as I see it is a must-have for FEG/FE2.