Typhoid

Catastrophic wildfire

i HATE wildfires ... for us here in SoCal, it's a yearly event.

this one, however ...

Tragic...there have been quite a few fatalities over the years with firefighting water bombers....I still remember that one whose wings collapsed...saw it again on youtube a while ago...horrific

Terrible news, hoping the best for the survivors.

Tragic...there have been quite a few fatalities over the years with firefighting water bombers....I still remember that one whose wings collapsed...saw it again on youtube a while ago...horrific

A couple of friends of mine from NEACP days went to flying fire fighting aircraft after they retired from the AF and Navy. Both were killed in separate crashes while fighting forest fires, one of them probably on the flight that you reference.

Edited by Typhoid

Even though I'm half a world away it hurt to see all those homes ablaze. I really hope you guys get plenty of aid now and when the whole area is going to be rebuild.

OMG I just saw this topic, it's horrible, we have seasonal fires too but never anything like this...

Details on the MAFF'S crash are stil sketchy but it sounds as if there may only be 2 or 3 survivors out 6.

:salute:

Confirmed - 4 KIA.

Confirmed - 4 KIA.

Salute to the gone Firefighters Brothers. I hope their souls will support my wings