Hello there.I just started work on my first mod for SF2 a few days ago,the F-7PG Skybolt interceptor of the PAF(Pakistan Air Force).I decided to use the stock Mig-21 F-13 model as it is the closest to the F-7 and did all the texturing myself.The project itself is 75% complete :heat:.The weapons load-outs have been completed but,it seems that the stock TW FM for this model has an abnormally high value of dry engine thrust.This not only makes it hard to beat,but also sometimes results in strange AI behaviour and the Aircraft breaking in game at High G turns.I need real world values for the thrust for this aircraft to give it a more realistic flight model.All or any help at all is appreciated.

The only remaining part of the mod are the Skins.I have already completed skins for the 17 Squadron and the CCS(Combat Commanders School).Mod will be uploaded immediately on completion.

Regards;

Lazarus

23tdfd.png

By lazarus1177 at 2012-07-03

53278733.png

By lazarus1177 at 2012-07-03

• Like 1

Hi

For starters.. thats a F-7P.. the PG is based on the J-7E with its cranked arrow delta..

A model of the J-7G exists which has Flight model and Cockpit issues.. but can be taken as a better baseline

I used a modified F-8 cockpit for the job.

The skinning part is a little difficult, as no templates exist and it gets down to guesswork.

Hi!Thanks for clearing that up.I didn't completely notice the difference between the P and the PG version.Anyways...I already completed three more skins,bringing it to a total of five with two for the same unit.Project's coming along steadily.

Thanks for the help everyone.The FM is now behaving properly.Gepard,I would have used the older model but,now the mod is in too deep and I have already made a lot of skins.

Welcome in the world of modders. :drinks:

One question.

- With Fake pilot method, we can add a pitot tube on the proper position (upper part of the intake, but can we erase the lower pitot tube?

yes, via Bpao's (patent pending) 'remove component' trick

Yes, but you must delete the original pitot tube too. :grin: