aeroflyFS-f18-suisse-22-20120704-234408.jpg

aeroflyFS-f18-suisse-40-20120704-234847.jpg

|

aeroflyFS-f18-suisse-44-20120704-235008.jpg

aeroflyFS-f18-suisse-41-20120704-234903.jpg

aeroflyFS-f18-suisse-38-20120704-234833.jpg

aeroflyFS-f18-suisse-21-20120704-234404.jpg

aeroflyFS-f18-suisse-36-20120704-234812.jpg

Arrg the Alps ! The level of details is impressive.

This is why big budget is sometimes > small budget. yikes.gifJaw dropping, honestly..

heh Nikos you'd better make topic description more explanatory else you'll make people angry with WTF?:grin:

don't have AeroFly FS but it does look next-gen :good:

heh Nikos you'd better make topic description more explanatory else you'll make people angry with WTF?:grin:

don't have AeroFly FS but it does look next-gen :good:

good.gif Just wanted to tease us a little (couldnt wait till april 1st 2013 grin.gif) , i certainly hope i won't piss off someone again !! wub.gif ( is it only me that i pay attention to the second titles of posts ? sorry.gif )

on the topic now, from what i see and with my very limited knowledge, it looks like what we see here is possible with the current TW engine.

This is a highly detailed mesh with high resolution (satelite ?) textures confined though only in the region of switzerland and the size of the setup files is 24 Gbs ......... The only thing missing maybe from TW engine is cirrus level clouds ? Also i think that the ground meshes cast shadows but i am not sure about that. i think theres no option for time of day so to be able to check the direction of the shadows which then probably are just part of the (satelite?) textures

Edited by squid

full satelite/aerial textures with fixed shadows.. can be made in 3D studio too :grin: but "new" NA engine doesn't support ground cluster like foliage or texture-specific objects

( i have to note besides the very photo-realistic feel of light and environment, it also offers proper sense of speed, mach on low level it looks and feels indeed as .... low level mach )

(contrary to TW sims where I feel like flying Piper Cub instead of Phantom with burners...)

those clouds look bangin' though....

if only TW didnt lock so much away... we could modify the GFX Engine to have better low level immersion

i certainly hope i won't piss off someone again

Too late!!!

:rofl:

I WISH our terrains looked that good

One would have hoped the new SF2NA engine would have looked that good instead of looking worse than SF2I and making the sim run slower.

before SF2NA I was hoping for something kind of like IL2 engine, my own 3DStudio tests of custom island meshes proven to me this new format won't be popular among terraformers. Wrench, I'm looking at you

forced to use TKs shader based system to paint the tiles is a killer for me.

no matter what texture you use as material for terrain mesh it allways gets grayish up close due to shaders

considering that

a) I don't have MAX and

b) don't know how to use it.....

lod driven terrains leaves me out in the cold (or heat, depending on where you are)

:grin:

no worries, TE creation process is much simplier

(I can't believe I wrote that!!!)

full satelite/aerial textures with fixed shadows.. can be made in 3D studio too :grin:

i wondered about that many times (takes i guess a render PhD :P)

but "new" NA engine doesn't support ground cluster like foliage or texture-specific objects

like, one step ahead , one backwards ? ...

(contrary to TW sims where I feel like flying Piper Cub instead of Phantom with burners...)

(yeap grin.gif)

Edited by squid

I think we will never have anything like this from the stock game.

The costs are too high and TK is focusing more on other things (DLC skins etc.)

theoritically it could be achieved with some fixes (alpha channel baby!!!) and additions to the older terrain engine