Olham

WOFF Development Progress - Article by Jens Lindblad

In the OFF Department over at the SimHQ forum, Jens "McGoniggle" Lindblad has written

a fine and empathetic articel about the work in progress - Wings Over Flanders Fields.

This might be a good substitute for the long promised "features list" by Pol - at least, until

that list appears.

A really good read! Here is the link:

http://simhq.com/_air13/air_476a.html

Edited by Olham

Oh the horror of it all! I must have it now!!!! Now I tell you!!! I have to go - the white jacket waiting for me!!

Edited by Beanie

Great article! I enjoyed the write up and it really looks like we're close now... two weeks!

Nearly spit out my tea reading it this morning, though, when I saw "CaptSopwith said..." in the article. First time I've been quoted! :rofl:

Nearly spit out my tea reading it this morning, though, when I saw "CaptSopwith said..." in the article. First time I've been quoted! :rofl:

Muahahahahahahahahaaaa!!!!

You should do it like me: I quote myself a lot, to add the right flavour to my monologues. :grin:

LOL Olham!

good article though

"The CFS3 instant death was also a hard code issue and is also overhauled. You can now stay in sim after crashing and watch the ensuing events around you."

Music to my ears!!!!!

I actually haven't played this game in about a year-- but I still drop by and check on progress. part of it was that no matter what I did my AI wingmen would live or die at random. the dynamic and interactive squadrons I was used to in RB3d were something that I really missed. the fact that I couldn't survive crash landings also frustrated me. I'm also very pleased that a much better flight-map is being provided. it's exciting to read about WOFF because it's addressing most of the things that detracted from my OFF experience the most.

the other reason is because I've been modding the heck out of the Atari Axis and Allies RTS game... but reading the most recent article reminds me that I really need to fire up the old OFF game in the near future.

providing my computer(s) can run the game-- I'll have a check ready for the date of release. and, perhaps even if I don't have a computer I'll probably purchase a copy and save it for later,

Hey Waldemar Kurtz, the mod community's been quite busy in the year you've been away. My OFFice incomplete campaign editor lets you reportwhat happens to your AI wingmen so OFF no longer makes them live or die at random. You can even witness claims on their behalf, or report where they were downed or went missing. That's just the tip of the iceberg. Check out the OFFbase role-playing simulation that takes the game off the field and into the lives of your pilot and his squadmates between flights:

index.php?app=downloads&module=display&section=screenshot&full=1&id=12391&record=32496

index.php?app=downloads&module=display&section=screenshot&full=1&id=12391&record=32497

The next version which I hope to release tomorrow will give you more control over crash outcomes so minor crash-landings aren't so fatal, for example.

Also included is the OFFramp mod manager, which supports a host of new advanced mods from OFF's best modders. Links to downloads of these mods can be found on the OFFbase download page.

The wait for WOFF doesn't have to be so bad... have fun! :drinks: