Sign in to follow this  
Hauksbee

Russian Gunnery Training...

Found this in a slide show, e-mailed to me quite a while ago. The pics were all 'fin de siecle'; some of war, others not. Could this be gunnery training for the observer?

Capture.JPG

Yes, indeed - gunnery training. I have seen short footage on YouTube, which showed similar installations for British pilots.

There the machine gun was fixed of course, cause it was for fighter pilots. A pity I didn't collect the link.

'Ivan was very serious about his wish to be the undisputed king of the see-saw.'

Edited by MikeDixonUK

"You have evil plans for moose and squirrel, Boris?"

Great pic BTW Hauksbee, thanks for sharing Sir.

Another subtitle for that pic would be: "Now, Boris, if it had wings..."

Olham,

I think you may have missed it. In the US, we used to have a kid's show that featured two spies, Boris and Natasha, who were always chasing after Bulwinkle and Rocky (moose and squirrel). For most of us, the typical Russian accent is that of Boris.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=md-q5GRo9E0

Edited by NS13Jarhead

Hihihi - I see you Americans have the same silly Russian accent in your movies as the Germans!

Hihihi - I see you Americans have the same silly Russian accent in your movies as the Germans!

Probably because we see Russians in the same light.

There are exceptions though - when the Russians are not only the badies.

"The Hunt for Red October" (with Sean Connery, Alec Baldwin, Scott Glenn and Sam Neill) was one such film (and one I really liked).

Also "Gorki Park" (with William Hurt and Lee Marvin - also a film I liked a lot) .

Aynd lyets nyot fyorgyet Myister Chyekov!

Edited by MikeDixonUK

There are exceptions though - when the Russians are not only the badies.

"The Hunt for Red October" (with Sean Connery, Alec Baldwin, Scott Glenn and Sam Neill) was one such film (and one I really liked).

Also "Gorki Park" (with William Hurt and Lee Marvin - also a film I liked a lot) .

...and, Ilya Kuriyakin from "The Man From U.N.C.L.E."

It reminds me of an old sketch when a character talks about Helmut kohl: "Yes, you know him: the big fatty who speaks like the bad guys in the war movies..."

The Abrahams/ Zucker movie Top Secret! emphasized much about the "bad German guy" accent, but it also had an ingenious idea about the Swedish accent: it sounds so mush as if the text was rewinded, that as the Swede is speaking, the action in the movie looks like it was rewinded too!

"Ze Dsherrmans vill vin ze warr! Mmuahahahahahahahaaaa!!!!" :grin:

Never seen "Top Secret!" yet; sounds funny!