All,

I just installed the Scandinavian front mega package and placed all in a mod folder. When running the game, "Sweden" is not a selectable terrain.

I have a merged install with SF2:E, SF2:V, SF2:I, patched up to July. Planes are visible and fly just fine. Just no Sweden.

What am I missing?

first thing to always check, is for double nested folders (/Terrains/terrains/sweden)

it that's the case, move the sweden terrain folder up one level.

or maybe Reptilicus ate the the whole thing????

Did you install the SECOND package as well or just the first one?

http://combatace.com/files/file/12980-the-scandinavian-front-mega-package-part-2/

The first one contains the Aircraft. The second one contains pretty much everything else in the mod.

My little failsafe check: If you have the TSF Menus, you have the second package. If you do not have the TSF Menus, you do not have the second package.

Fun fact: Part One have 965 Downloads. Part two have 838.

Edited by JonathanRL

first thing to always check, is for double nested folders (/Terrains/terrains/sweden)

it that's the case, move the sweden terrain folder up one level.

or maybe Reptilicus ate the the whole thing????

Nope. No double terrains.

gallery_26185_798_16026.jpg

It couldn't have been Reptilicus. I removed the retilicus.ini file. :grin:

Did you install the SECOND package as well or just the first one?

http://combatace.com...package-part-2/

The first one contains the Aircraft. The second one contains pretty much everything else in the mod.

My little failsafe check: If you have the TSF Menus, you have the second package. If you do not have the TSF Menus, you do not have the second package.

Fun fact: Part One have 965 Downloads. Part two have 838.

Definitely got both parts. Amusing fun fact though. Menus show up when I run the game.

I do not have SF2:NA. Could that be a factor? What's next?

I do not have SF2:NA. Could that be a factor? What's next?

Nope. I do some testing on my stuff, and I been pretty strict about having a SF2: E Only requirement. It is tested accordingly.

However, Humour me and find Sweden.ini.

Delete the line NavalMap=TRUE and see if it works. If that solves the issue, I got a lot of strong words for TK.

If it does not work, cheer and restore the line. Vital for the Campaigns.

EDIT:

Removing the Line worked for me. I think we just found out what the latest patch broke. I am going to have a word with TK about this...

To confirm that the folder is not corrupted or missing files, it is supposed to contain 3 folders & 885 files.

Have you by any chance tried to install Starys HD mods? If the second one is installed before the first one, it could yield some strange results, but nothing like this... :S

Edited by JonathanRL

Nope. I do some testing on my stuff, and I been pretty strict about having a SF2: E Only requirement. It is tested accordingly.

However, Humour me and find Sweden.ini.

Delete the line NavalMap=TRUE and see if it works. If that solves the issue, I got a lot of strong words for TK.

If it does not work, cheer and restore the line. Vital for the Campaigns.

To confirm that the folder is not corrupted or missing files, it is supposed to contain 3 folders & 885 files.

Have you by any chance tried to install Starys HD mods? If the second one is installed before the first one, it could yield some strange results, but nothing like this... :S

Ha! That worked. Removing the NavalMap=TRUE, did the trick. Most awesome. Thank you!

By the way, my Sweden main terrain folder only contains 443 files which includes the three seasons folders.

Am I missing something?

Ha! That worked. Removing the NavalMap=TRUE, did the trick. Most awesome. Thank you!

It most certainly is not "most awesome." That is horrible news. I need to do some additional testing on that and I pray it is not what I think it is.

By the way, my Sweden main terrain folder only contains 443 files which includes the three seasons folders.

Am I missing something?

Probably not, but see if it works properly. If it does, there is no need for concern.

Edited by JonathanRL

Okey, Results from Testing.

The omission of the line allows Single Missions to be flown; however the line must be retained for Campaigns to work properly.

The Campaigns work, but the Terrain is not chose-able in Single Mission if you lack SF2: NA.

I can only assume this is a half-hearted attempt by TK to either lock NA Features out from non-NA users, or something that had implications he did not foresee.

My hint to you, Dear Fan is to put the line back and fly the Campaigns. The mod is based around them. They make a good terrain better.

Edited by JonathanRL

Okey, Results from Testing.

The omission of the line allows Single Missions to be flown; however the line must be retained for Campaigns to work properly.

The Campaigns work, but the Terrain is not chose-able in Single Mission if you lack SF2: NA.

I can only assume this is a half-hearted attempt by TK to either lock NA Features out from non-NA users, or something that had implications he did not foresee.

My hint to you, Dear Fan is to put the line back and fly the Campaigns. The mod is based around them. They make a good terrain better.

Okies, I'll put it back. Terrain looks great. Thanks for the assist!

Ok, this is interesting. It may be so that TK has done the right thing in the wrong way.

I omitted the line, and the Naval Parts of the Campaigns still works like normal. It may be that he just made the SF2: NA settings standard...

As I recall, it is because Stary designed that before NavalMap started to be used.

blame me, surely :tongue:

blame me, surely :tongue:

Loving the terrain, Stary. Fabulous work as always.