Sign in to follow this  
itifonhom

OT: Werner Voss

Hi everybody!

Just finished a rendering of Werner Voss in front of his Fokker Dr.1 based on the well known photo. I´m still trying to learn and use my 3D program properly, so everything is just a test. But I know you guys really like WWI Aviation as much as I do so I thought it´s a good idea to share this image here. Rendered in C4D, model from P. Zoch, textures from me, post-processed in Photoshop. Please let me know what you think about it....

post-52835-0-57235000-1344899412_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Just finished a rendering of Werner Voss in front of his Fokker Dr.1 based on the well known photo.

Nice render. The colors have that hand-tinted photo look. However, the shadow under Voss's nose makes it look like a Hitler moustache.

The Fokker is stunning, iti - especially the cowling with it's reflecting light and shine.

Also the prop and here especially the fixation metal parts look super-realistic.

Maybe the two wood types of the prop could differ a bit more?

The figure of Voss seems too softened to my eye, compared to the clear, sharp aircraft.

The tunic and cap could do with a bit of uniform cloth texture, while the cap screen

should go more in the diredtion of the cowling - sharper, clearer reflection.

Also the buttons might need to get adjusted to that, being metal parts.

The face is always most difficult. Maybe you can make the nose-shadow less deep,

and the eyes a bit sharper. That could be all that's needed?

Edited by Olham

Thanks guys, glad you liked it! You´re quite in your comments, Werner came from a figurine photo in this composition, was considerably lower quality image but I wanted Werner to be present at all costs!! :-) The actual model is the Fokker and of course I plan to do some more renderings on this one, some new textures too, even more complicated compositions.

Very nice, iti. I have a slight reservation about the depth of bump mapping on the propeller... maybe less deep? The engine also looks a bit too clean and glossy and uniformly black.

When using 2D figures in 3D scenes (and it's a handy thing to do because there are a great many out there) I find it advantaqgeous to set up the 3D scene lighting to match that of the 2D image first. It makes a huge disfference to how well the 2D image blends in.

The above presumes that you are using the 2D image as a texture on a plane primitive, rather than PSing it in after rendering.

Cheers guys, thanks fro the comments and the observations! I agree, the materials and textures need some tweaking indeed, this is just my second rendering with my new 3D program, I keep struggling to learn the basics. I wiil do a better rendering in the future I hope, when I´ll get everything into my head, something that in my age is quite difficult!! :-) I wanted to recreate the lighting of the photo as close as I could but the figurine was lighted totally wrong and was added in photoshop after rendering. Tried to make it look as lighted from behind his back somewhere.

Once more, thanks for the comments and the constructive critique, this really helps me a lot!! :-)

Very nice, itifonhom. I've nothing to add to the excellent comments and feedback already posted, other than to include my own "Keep at it Sir". :good:

Very nice!

One constructive criticsm, since I am a "rivet counter": Voss flew the pre-production Fokker F.I. These did not have wingtip skids.

VOSS.jpg

Thanks for the thumbs up guys, quite motivating indeed! Thanks JFM for the "rivet counting", you´re pretty right of course, the 3D model is a Dr.1, I know, I know, I could have leave the skids out, IF I had noticed it!! :-) You guys are awesome! I will give this one more go at some point, with your suggestions in mind. At the moment, I´m working on a Lothar von Richthofen aerial scene, will post the image here soon.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By 76.IAP-Blackbird
      Dear Friends,
      This year we have already released two previously announced Collector Planes. Today we would like to share plans for the future aircraft.
      In addition to the already released Supermarine Spitfire Mk.XIVe Bubbletop and Messerschmitt Bf 109 G-6 A/S, the plan for this year includes:
      1. Li-2 - Soviet military transport aircraft. Unlike the original C-47 (Li-2 was based on it under license), it was also used as a bomber and had an optional turret and even forward firing weaponry. The planned release date is Summer 2023.

2. American towable glider (!) WACO CG-4A, which has been widely used during the Normandy landings. The planned release date is Fall 2023.

3. Soviet fighter La-5 series 38 with a teardrop-shaped canopy. Its lighter design had a positive effect on the characteristics of the aircraft compared to earlier models. The planned release date is Fall 2023.

4. Romanian fighter IAR-80/81 in two basic variants («long» and «short»). Both variants and 7 modifications of the aircraft are described in detail in DD #334. The planned release date is the end of 2023.

Please note: since this Collector Plane will be effectively two significantly different aircraft (different fuselages, different flight characteristics, different paint scheme kits, there are differences in their cockpits as well) in one package, its pre-order price will increase on May 17th to the level of larger Collector Planes like C-47. Of course, the pre-orders placed before this date won’t be affected by this change, so if you’re interested in getting these aircraft eventually, please consider doing so before May 17th.
      5. The development of three new fighters scheduled for 2024 has begun:
      German interceptor Focke-Wulf Ta 152 Soviet legendary biplane Polikarpov I-153 «Chaika» British fighter Supermarine Spitfire Mk.IXc armed with 7.69 mm machine guns and a different tail.
      6. By the end of 2023, it is planned to complete the development of the Flying Circus Vol.III which will include eight aircraft:
      F.E.2b R.E.8 Hanriot HD.1 Nieuport 11.C1 Nieuport 17.C1 Nieuport 17.C1 GBR Albatros D.II Halberstadt D.II

It is also planned to complete the Western Front 1918 map and populate the entire front line with objects. This updated version of the map will be available in different seasons.
      7. The story of Flying Circus continues: plans for 2024 include additional improvements to the map and the development of seven new collectible aircraft:
      Sopwith 1 1/2 Strutter Sopwith 1 1/2 Strutter B Sopwith Pup Airco DH.2 Albatros D.III Roland C.IIa Fokker E.III

8. We’re also helping a team of enthusiasts who are working on a new map of one of the theaters of operations on the Eastern Front. A significant progress has been made - we hope that the map will become part of the Great Battles game world soon. The details about the map and the development team will be revealed later.
      Since the Battle of Normandy release, 9 World War II aircraft, 15 World War I aircraft and two maps have already been produced or are in development. And that's not all! Your support motivates us to improve and extend the Great Battles series.
      A new historical campaign is in the final stage of development - it is dedicated to the operation of Yak-7 fighter armed units. This year we plan to release another campaign and there are ideas for creating three new campaigns already.
      In addition, this year we’re updating a number of previously created campaigns to integrate new technologies and content developed recently (you can see the Tank Crew campaigns being updated in the screenshots below).

The 1C Game Studios team wishes you good luck and aerial victories in the virtual sky! Congratulations on the upcoming Victory Day!
    • By 76.IAP-Blackbird
      Some additional Hi-Res shots of existing planes.
      Unless otherwise specified, these are HI-RES images of aircraft and vehicles in the SIM and are NOT an in-game engine render.

This is just showing off the artwork and detail. 

• By 76.IAP-Blackbird
      Hello Gentleman, 

Good Day and I hope you enjoy your time. 1C is under a new CEO and on the 9th November we will learn more about the direction the company will go in the future.
      Until then, let me show you some nice render of the ingame models for the Great Battle Series. There will be more to show in the future and I hope you guys will like it.

You can discuss it here and enjoy the bright future of this Series. 
      Wish you fun and always enough air under your wings. 

Berst regards 

Martin

• By GKABS

View File Giraffe 2D radar and 3d radar
      Hello and thank you for downloading my work.
      https://gkabs.net
      What's included:
      Giraffe 2D radar and 3d radar were requested by strahi.
      All my files should include the Strike Fighters 2 Series game file (.LOD) and the texture required.
      Installation:
      Copy the folder to Objects/GroundObject and the following to _TYPES.ini file
      [TargetTypeXXX] <-------- Change to the next number at the bottom of your type listing
      Name=GK-Giraffe-R2D
      FullName=Giraffe 2D radar
      TargetType=AAA
      UseGroundObject=TRUE
      GroundObjectType=GK-Giraffe-R2D
      ActiveYear=1985
      TargetValue=250
      RepairRate=0.555
      StartDetectChance=80
      StartIdentifiedChance=20
      IncreaseDetectChanceKey=10
      MaxVisibleDist=8000.0
      DestroyedEffect=SmallRocketGroundExplosion
      SecondaryEffect=VehicleFireEffect
      SecondaryChance=50
      [TargetTypeXXX] <-------- Change to the next number at the bottom of your type listing
      Name=GK-Giraffe-R3D
      FullName=Giraffe 3D radar
      TargetType=AAA
      UseGroundObject=TRUE
      GroundObjectType=GK-Giraffe-R3D
      ActiveYear=1985
      TargetValue=250
      RepairRate=0.555
      StartDetectChance=80
      StartIdentifiedChance=20
      MaxVisibleDist=8000.0
      SecondaryChance=50

If you need any further help please read the Knowledge Base at:

https://combatace.com/forums/forum/268-thirdwire-strike-fighters-2-series-knowledge-base/

LICENSE:
      You are allowed to use this model and everything included with it for personal non-profit use for Strike fighters 1 and 2. For use outside of this scope, you need to contact me for permission.
      gkabs@gkabs.net
      Credit goes to the following:
      GKABS for creating the model (everything except the truck chase) and skins
      strahi for testing and making all the data file for the 2 models, big help many thanks, and I hope you will enjoy your request.
      The truck model is a free form https://free3d.com/ by ysup12 
      Credit goes to https://www.textures.com as a use a lot of their photos to create the skins.
      Google for some photos and information.
      And finally not to forget the wonderful site of https://combatace.com and all the nice members and their dedicated support for this game.
      Software used:
      3d Max 2009
      UVLayout v2 Pro
      Substance Painter
      Adobe Photoshop

If you need any assistance please contact me at 
      gkabs@gkabs.net
      Submitter GKABS Submitted 06/23/2019 Category Ground Object Mods  
    • By GKABS
      Hello and thank you for downloading my work.
      https://gkabs.net
      What's included:
      Giraffe 2D radar and 3d radar were requested by strahi.
      All my files should include the Strike Fighters 2 Series game file (.LOD) and the texture required.
      Installation:
      Copy the folder to Objects/GroundObject and the following to _TYPES.ini file
      Name=GK-Giraffe-R2D
      FullName=Giraffe 2D radar
      TargetType=AAA
      UseGroundObject=TRUE
      GroundObjectType=GK-Giraffe-R2D
      ActiveYear=1985
      TargetValue=250
      RepairRate=0.555
      StartDetectChance=80
      StartIdentifiedChance=20
      MaxVisibleDist=8000.0
      SecondaryChance=50
      Name=GK-Giraffe-R3D
      FullName=Giraffe 3D radar
      TargetType=AAA
      UseGroundObject=TRUE
      GroundObjectType=GK-Giraffe-R3D
      ActiveYear=1985
      TargetValue=250
      RepairRate=0.555
      StartDetectChance=80
      StartIdentifiedChance=20
      MaxVisibleDist=8000.0
      SecondaryChance=50

If you need any further help please read the Knowledge Base at:

https://combatace.com/forums/forum/268-thirdwire-strike-fighters-2-series-knowledge-base/

LICENSE:
      You are allowed to use this model and everything included with it for personal non-profit use for Strike fighters 1 and 2. For use outside of this scope, you need to contact me for permission.
      gkabs@gkabs.net
      Credit goes to the following:
      GKABS for creating the model (everything except the truck chase) and skins
      strahi for testing and making all the data file for the 2 models, big help many thanks, and I hope you will enjoy your request.
      The truck model is a free form https://free3d.com/ by ysup12 
      Credit goes to https://www.textures.com as a use a lot of their photos to create the skins.
      Google for some photos and information.
      And finally not to forget the wonderful site of https://combatace.com and all the nice members and their dedicated support for this game.
      Software used:
      3d Max 2009
      UVLayout v2 Pro
      Substance Painter
      Adobe Photoshop

If you need any assistance please contact me at 
      gkabs@gkabs.net

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..