Dave

Need to Change the Fair Use Agreement?

Could we make an extract of what is most important in the Agreement," forcing" the uploader to read the basics, and make a pop up for the 3 first uploads, as someone suggested before, or create a template to fill with the most important points of the Agreement, just saying, i dunno if it's possible.

the main issue that no matter how many time the pop up whit chekc apears they will just check the box end that it.

it will be like that file that no one read whats it called..........ah yes Read-me.

so best it to double check the files like veltro says and had so way to punish those who f:::::k up whit outher people work.

or just go back to the olds rules need permit if it work for TMF it works for me.

Cocas, you may underestimate how painful it is to obtain permission for mods, especially when the original author is no longer active; it's very well for a few select groups, but not as a default licence.

Having a TMF style licence by default would mean that large mods like NF5 would take even more time to release, much of the additional time consisting in clearing authorization or building around restrictions because the author wouldn't or couldn't give an express authorization.

What has happened to pee me off this last week does appear to be a genuine oversight, something that could have been avoided by a quick pm to me. Everything will be sorted in the end....and for the better I think.

But it does prove that even regular respected modders can make a mistake sometimes.

Maybe a copy of the files readme or just some text stating our uploads terms of use should be put on the file description area....just to double cover ourselves.

As to overwriting a complete mod as opposed to adding to it, I would say that this really is down to the original author to say yes or no....ie, permission must be obtained & stated in the readme, if the original author is no longer around the descision should be made by a minimum of two moderators.......just an idea.

As to overwriting a complete mod as opposed to adding to it, I would say that this really is down to the original author to say yes or no....ie, permission must be obtained & stated in the readme, if the original author is no longer around the descision should be made by a minimum of two moderators.......just an idea.

I think this is a good idea.

I understand this is a sensitive issue. We've worked tirelessly with everyone in the past to come up with the free licensing agreement we have now. It is a dicey situation when anything is released to the public domain as you just never know what's going to happen to it or where it will end up. It's the reason software vendors have gone to phone home applications. Here we simply don't have that option. That said the best person to stay in touch with your mods is you and that's best accomplished just by staying active in the community, which you all do a great job of. I will admit that I approve my fair share of files and I simply don't have the time with these models as you guys do. Most of you can look at an antenna, nose cone, nacelle, tire, skin, or fly shit on the windshield and know it's your model. That is a function of how much time you spend building them. Even if I installed all the software and flew everything for 30 minutes before approving it I wouldn't be able to tell the difference between a mirage factory skin and a skin by the german modders team. I'm sure you all understand that very well. I've put a lot of your ideas into place today and reworked a bunch of site skins to make sure that everyone who is uploading or downloading a file sees and has access to relevant threads and discussions about requirements and licensing. I also put up a small concise review of the agreement on the upload page. With all that I think we've done tastefully what we can to make sure everyone knows and sees the information. There really is no reason for anyone to miss it or not see it but someone at sometime will say I never saw it or read it. Please review the changes in the download section and get back to me.

I read the agreement and i'm ok with it, just that i don't see my name on it and asked to be included there, just to play safe, other than that i'm cool.