Sign in to follow this  
Dave

DCS 1.21 is Now Updated

im gonna tweak around with draw distance of objects and stuff, I know a lot of stuff was doubled from 1.20 to 1.2.1 in the settings.

im still 1.2.1.57 havent downloaded the mini updates yet.

i think i turned HDR to Cool, when I had it OFF in 1.2.0 too so.

Edited by SkateZilla

Update 1.2.1.6120 Released

Fixed all my FPS issues.

Wow, get an auto-updater and the patches come small and fast now!

Running the A-10C Startup training Mission as a base, I'll not the Frame Rate at the initial briefing screen, the dip after unpausing, after the camera zooms out, and looking left and right.

v1.2.1.5970

GFX Settings:

MED Preset, Text.=Med, Scene=Med, Civ Traffic=Hi, Visibility Range=Med, Water=Med, Heat Blur=On, Shadow=Med,

6048x1080, 5.6 Aspect Ratio, Monitors: Custom LUA (1 Viewport, GUI Center Screen only), Pit Displays=256px, MSAA=2x, HDR=Off.

VSYNC OFF, TREE SHADOWS OFF, FULL SCREEN OFF, Cockpit Shadows OFF, TSSAA Off

Max Preload =150000

Loading Time=1m02s, Starting FrPS = 51, Unpause Dip to 8 FrPS, Stabilizes to 27 FrPS, Looking Left= 35, Looking Right= 29

Half Preload =75438

Loading Time= 52s, Starting FrPS = 51, UNpause Dips to 8FrPS, Stabilizes to 29 FrPS, Looking Left= 35, Looking Right =29

Trees Down to 2992 (from 6000)

Loading Time= 52s, Starting FrPS = 51, UNpause Dips to 8FrPS, Stabilizes to 29 FrPS, Looking Left= 36, Looking Right =30

Updated to 1.2.1.6120

GFX Settings:

MED Preset, Text.=Med, Scene=Med, Civ Traffic=Hi, Visibility Range=Med, Water=Med, Heat Blur=On, Shadow=Med,

6048x1080, 5.6 Aspect Ratio, Monitors: Custom LUA (1 Viewport, GUI Center Screen only), Pit Displays=256px, MSAA=2x, HDR=Off.

Max Preload =150000

Loading Time=53s, Starting FrPS = 51, Unpause Dip to 42-27 FrPS, Stabilizes to 27 FrPS, Looking Left= 37, Looking Right= 31

Drop Catalyst AI from Quality to Performance and Drop Anti-Aliasing mode from Balanced/Adaptive to Performance/Mult-Sample had no effect

Disabling Aero In Windows 7 Had No Effect

Dropping to 1 Screen 1920x1080 from 6048x1080

Loading Time=49s, Starting FrPS = 55, Unpause Dip to 18-32 FrPS, Stabilizes to 33 FrPS, Looking Left= 52, Looking Right= 33

So Digging Further:

Without MSAA

Loading Time=53s, Starting FrPS = 51, Unpause Dip to 42-27 FrPS, Stabilizes to 28 FrPS, Looking Left= 36, Looking Right= 32

W/2xMSAA but at 5040x900

Loading Time=53s, Starting FrPS = 64, Unpause Dip to 42-18 FrPS, Stabilizes to 30 FrPS, Looking Left= 41, Looking Right= 31

LOW Preset, Text.=Med, Scene=Med, Civ Traffic=Hi, Visibility Range=Med, Water=Med, Heat Blur=On, Shadow=Med,

Preload 75438, Trees 1500m

Loading Time=49s, Starting FrPS = 51, Unpause Dip to 42-27 FrPS, Stabilizes to 27 FrPS, Looking Left= 37, Looking Right= 31

Straight Up LOW Preset w/ Max Preload

Loading Time=49s, Starting FrPS = 54, Unpause Dip to 42-27 FrPS, Stabilizes to 29 FrPS, Looking Left= 39, Looking Right= 35

After all this I got tired of it, So I Paused and went to free cam over Batumi, As Soon as the AI to the right of me + the buildings were off the screen FrPS Jumped to 75+, I got up to 100+ on 1 Screen, w/ Terrain still in view. Water didnt effect frame rate.

So it seems teh buildings or wingmen are causing the error.

No Amount of Tinkering Fixed this Issue with the Mouse Cursor flickering from Windows to the DCS "+" Cursor.

I had fine FPS issues after the game froze every time I unpaused the game at the beginning of the load. It was horrible, in one instance my gear went down at 280kts while the screen was froze. The newest update made it load like it should, no more problems.

Nother Update out 1.2.1.6148.

I think ED has put out more patches in the last 3 days than TW has in the last 6 months... hahahahaha

More than Black Shark 1 got its entire life!

BS1 was doomed as soon as they said DCS A-10C would require the entire code to be re-written in 64 bit using a new 3d engine format and new systems syntax..

Along with LoMAC/FC2 and any other TFCSE 1.02 Mods.

Edited by SkateZilla

Cool Thanks Dave. SkateZilla thay would be Great I would fly that in a minute.

Many Thanks

TBH there's Mods on ED Forums that will allow you to fly it using the 3d external Model and Flight Model, however the Cockpit will be the SU25Ts, and You will not have access to Radar etc.

Now.. if someone wanted to build a F-18C PIT, and we could learn the Syntax for creating the files necessary, would "could" simply build a Pit for the F-18C w/ correct Systems and use the 3d External Model that exists in game.

F-18 is going to be the next module. Mark my words.

1.2.1.6192 is live,

I was also on a sever last night running 1.2.1.6148 while i still running the version before it. (.6120)

Edited by SkateZilla

Really? Really???

Look back at post 5 in this VERY thread.

I already told you all it was an AB 212!!!!!

Question,

Why does the web site still show version 1.2.1.5970 ? Do I download it and then it starts updating to 1.1.6148? I have deleted my previous version of World itself and after spending several hours of downloading. I get the message corrupt file. Also haven't tried torrent how does that work ? Any ideas would be most helpful.

Thanks

Ernie.

For the torrent you need to download a program called Bittorrent. Then download the torrent files from DCS. Drop them in Bit torrent and they will start downloading.

OK, so I decided to venture into this DCS World thing and the Su-25T is an awesome airborne weapons dump truck. The only problem I'm having is that I can't seem to get DCS World to recognize my copy of DCS A-10... I've tried un-installing and re-installing DCS A-10, De-activating and re-activating DCS A-10, heck I even tried deleting and re-installing both of them to no avail. I assume the issue is with the fact that my DCS A-10 is the steam version but I can't seem to find any instructions on how to get them to work together. If anyone knows where I should look to get this fixed or has any Ideas as to why I can't get it to work, I would greatly appreciate any help you can give.

Have you tried downloading the version of A-10 off of ED's website and just using your serial number? Bypassing Steam?

Open Steam, Right Click DCS:A-10C

Choose, View Serial, then copy to Clipboard

Paste in notepad, save it in your docs and back it up.

Right Click and Delete Local Content,

If you want to Run DCS:A-10C without DCS World, download the 1.1.1.1 ISO from ED, as it's 64 Bit and not limited like Steam's 32-Bit ISO. Use Steam key to activate.

Anyway, If you want to Fly the A-10C Withing DCS World, it requires both DCSWorld 1.2.1 and the A-10C Module:

Download the Latest DCSW:

http://www.digitalco...pos=137&lang=en

Download the Latest DCS A-10C Module:

http://www.digitalco...pos=136&lang=en

Install DCSWorld, Dont Update or Run DCSW

Install DCS A-10C, Run DCSW, Should get a prompt for a new version if not:

Choose Update from Start Menu

(Start, All Programs, Eagle Dynamics, DCS World, DCS Update (forgot exact Filename).)

It will say a new version is available

Choose yes to all the Admin install prompts.

Once at the Mainscreen, the Version number in the bottom right corner should read 1.2.1.6241

Goto Multiplayer

Login to DCS Servers with your DCS username/password (create one if you didnt already do so).

It will ask to activate your DCS A-10C Module. Paste your Serial Number and follow instructions.

I got my A-10C Serial ID for $12.50 on the steam sale, and it works w/ DCSWorld Fine as well as DCS A-10C 1.1.1.1 64Bit from ED's Site.

Thus removing the requirement of having steam running in the background.

Edited by SkateZilla

OK, so I decided to venture into this DCS World thing and the Su-25T is an awesome airborne weapons dump truck. The only problem I'm having is that I can't seem to get DCS World to recognize my copy of DCS A-10... I've tried un-installing and re-installing DCS A-10, De-activating and re-activating DCS A-10, heck I even tried deleting and re-installing both of them to no avail. I assume the issue is with the fact that my DCS A-10 is the steam version but I can't seem to find any instructions on how to get them to work together. If anyone knows where I should look to get this fixed or has any Ideas as to why I can't get it to work, I would greatly appreciate any help you can give.

The Version Steam has is DCS: A-10C v 1.1.1.1-32Bit Standalone, not a DCS World Module, Follow the Above steps to use your Serial for DCS World.

You can prolly skip downloading DCSW again if you have the most recent version, you just need to download the A-10C Module, install it, and use your steam serial for DCS A-10C to Activate the A-10C Module

Edited by SkateZilla

Now I see where I went wrong. Thanks a million SkateZilla! I dont think I would have figured that out on my own. I really appreciate you taking the time to help me out. Now I have to get my brother up to speed...