Fightingirish

Start/end dates (...yes I've read the knowledge base!)

Hi guys,

Please dont shoot me for asking this question.

'Ive read through the knowledge base for changing start/end dates i.e. changing the options.ini file (single mission, dogfighthost and coop mission)

This has worked for SF2E but I just cant get it to work on SF2I.

Could it have anything to do with the 'Load mission' entry in 'Single mission' which reads:

LoadMissionFilename=C:\Users\Bry & Kay\Saved Games\ThirdWire\StrikeFighters2 Israel\Missions\640802_TONKIN_GULF_INCIDENT.MSN

Any help would be appreciated,

Cheers.

That particular mission is a SF2V mission, not a SF2I mission, which uses a diferent map, planes, objects, etc.

Yeah I figured that. For some reason it shows in my SF2I options.

I did a merge install in this order: SF2, SF2V, SF2E, SF2I, SF2 EP1, SF2 EP2

You should extract the IsraelME.ini from game's installation files (C --> Program Files --> Thirdwire --> Strike Fighters 2 --> Terrains). Extract it with the extractor utility which is available in thirdwire's site.

Drop the ini file in your mods IsraelME folder (Saved Games --> Thirdwire --> StrikeFighters2 Israel --> Terrains --> IsraelME).

Open the ini file and scroll down to the allowed years. Edit them as you like.

You can edit start/end years for GermanyCE and Desert by editing the options.ini but this will not help you for IsraelME, VietnamSEA or IcelandNA. The reason for this is that Germany and Desert don't include start/end years in their terrain_name.ini so they can be edited from the single mission lines.

you might also be forgetting the LimitedNations=TRUE for IsaelME. That's set for a specific reason (keeping out the riff-raff!! :biggrin: )

A LOT of terrains use "AllowedDates" statements, too locking in a particular time-frame.

Your start/end dates in the IsrealME.ini should read as:

[AllowedDates]

StartDate=1947

EndDate=2050

that's historically correct (and allows you to use monty's S-199, make the Spits flyable, and fly the Independence War)

Cheers guys!!

Well, good news is it works now. Followed what Tiopilotos/Wrench said, but putting the unpacked/modified IsraelME.ini in terrains folder didn't work.

Replacing the IsraelME.cat file with the extracted Israel.ME files (ini file modified) did work. Job done!

Thanks again.