Sign in to follow this  
Stary

Strike Fighters Android is out on Google Play

Well, to be fair, ANF had already been out in a way as the F-18 Landing Sim for several months prior. My son played the hell out of that...but great advertising for ANF. And ANF looks great, plays well, and seems very stable. I haven't bought it yet (no A2A), but thinking about it.

At least SFA has been getting consistently good reviews. Over the last month or so, I've been stuck pretty much only using my tablet and phone...I've spent less than 5 hours on my laptop due to circumstances at home. So, the timing has worked out, getting to see what's out there in the Android world.

One thing I have noticed in all the time I've been playing SFA...I haven't seen one glitch or force close at all. It has been extremely stable. Considering this is a freshman Android programming release, that's pretty good all things considered...there is a lot of crap out there that isn't so stable. About the only thing I've noticed is sometimes it'll bog down if there are too many bandits (10+) and even then, not always consistently.

FC

true FC, F-18 was over half a year in the store (I have android phone since March) but on the other hand TK had the models and know-how, that not forgetting SFA runs on other system and engine, Unity

Based on TW site tweet note this android game had an update.

I wonder how much of thsoe 100000 paid for some additional unlocked contents?

That's always the big question with 'Freemium' business models....

FC

Out of curiosity, is anyone here running SFA on a Galaxy S3 with Android 4.1? I'm starting to suspect that the combo of the S3 and Android 4.1 causes a compatibility problem with Unity in general, but I havn't exactly found a ton of evidence with my searches so far, just enough to make me suspect I'm not the only one.

There's also the ads, who knows what he makes out of that.

However, should this not make that much, perhaps it will convince him to double down on the PC side?

Out of curiosity, is anyone here running SFA on a Galaxy S3 with Android 4.1? I'm starting to suspect that the combo of the S3 and Android 4.1 causes a compatibility problem with Unity in general, but I havn't exactly found a ton of evidence with my searches so far, just enough to make me suspect I'm not the only one.

Yes, I installed it on my wife's Galaxy S3 with Android 4.1 to see what it was like and it ran really well.

Yes, I installed it on my wife's Galaxy S3 with Android 4.1 to see what it was like and it ran really well.

Thanks for letting me know. From what I can tell, it's a problem specifically with the North American dual-core LTE models that don't get along with Unity under Android 4.1, the quad-core 4G ones don't share this compatibility problem

Bizarre stuff, given how specific the combo has to be to cause the issue.