Sign in to follow this  
GalmOne

Hard-Wing Midas 4 F-4E?

Hello,

I took the F-4E (1972) up for a spin in SF2 Vietnam, and noticed it had slats (with no TISEO) for some reason. To my knowledge, 90% of 1972 F-4E's had hard wings. Weren't the only soft-wing F-4E's all Rivet Haste birds?

Is there a mod for SF2 that'll give me a hard-wing F-4E with the long barrel Midas 4 gun upgrade?

Thanks!

I am just happy that TK made a hard wing variant at all. As my models growing up had the short gun fairing, I actually like my hard-wing F-4's with the short muzzle :)

It's pretty awesome! Just wondering because the Midas 4 hard wing is my favorite.

These are the images of what an F-4 should look like that were burned in my mind (as well as being what I remember seeing at MacDill AFB open house when the Thunderbirds were F-4Es):

This was my 1st F-4 model (1/72) I built in the 2nd grade:

$T2eC16d,!zEE9s3!Y8u0BQ,Hy(Li1Q~~60_12.JPG

This was my 2nd F-4 model (1/32) I built somewhere between the 2nd/3rd grade:

Revell%20H198%20F-4Ejude.JPG

I had no concept of what slats were at the time, but this is the 3rd Phantom model I built (1/48) somewhere between the 4th and 6th grade and it mentioned having slats:

Revell%20H289%20F-4E.JPG

Those models look great! I assume Revell models were better back then than they are now?

I assume Revell models were better back then than they are now?

I doubt it...the first F-4E model I built was the 1/32 scale Revell version back in the early 70s, and it was pretty crude back then. Its problems were well known, even then. The later 1/32 Revell model was better, based of their German F-4F model, but still has its own issues (the nose shape and bland cockpit being the worst problems).

FC

Is there a mod for SF2 that'll give me a hard-wing F-4E with the long barrel Midas 4 gun upgrade?

Maybe you find THIS useful.

Or the DLC F-4EJ may be used as an alternative.

Edited by Blade

The thing is whenever I've seen a Revell kit, I've never been impressed, so I guess the quality hasn't improved. The Japanese companies have the best kits nowadays. I'm planning on getting a 1/72 diecast Hobby Master phantom soon, painted as Chico the Gunfighter from the 366th TFW. Hopefully it won't be way too pricey.

And if there were a hard-wing long barrel F-4E in-game, you can bet I'd have a skin for it in Chico's likeness.

Thanks for the file Blade. I've seen that file before. I suppose I'd have to modify it somehow for SF2?

Thanks for the file Blade. I've seen that file before. I suppose I'd have to modify it somehow for SF2?

Yep, via the fake pilot method. You shouldn't use the F-4E-35_data.ini that comes with the mod, that file is outdated and incompatible with the current stock SF2 F-4E.

Wow Sundowner! Tell me I can do that in SF2! I can't really find anything too concrete on the FakePilot method just yet, but wow, I'd like to recreate Chico!

nuthin fake pilot-ish about Chico. just ini edits to the loadout and a bit of skinning or decalling............

Ah I see... I think this is what they did for the long barrel F-4E in WoV. I'll have to look around for a way to do this for the SF2 F-4E. This is awesome. Thanks!

Now where to start looking...

I'ts a "remake" of parts of different TMF models, long barrel, hard wing......I'll tidy it all up and release it asap.

I'ts a "remake" of parts of different TMF models, long barrel, hard wing......I'll tidy it all up and release it asap.

Volker is working on a whole new F-4E Model...

You guys are fantastic! I'll patiently wait for these awesome models. Thanks gents :)