Sign in to follow this  
Wrench

Med help requested...

ok, since we have working RN carriers (except Eagle -she's acting up on me!), I went and fiddled with the WW2 Tunisia/Western Med map, and added a CV station.

And it works a charm!

Now, the question is, should I add another, further east (as seen in Pink on the screenie below) The green on would work well for Pedestal (albit maybe a bit west?) and the pink one for, say Op Judgement (Taranto)

since i've not found too many references of RN CV ops further east of Malta...???? thoughts, ideas?Comments?? Questions??

(btw, "new" Martles and Sea Hurri coming in the not too distant future -the SeaHurri shot is the terrain test I just ran, with the new 880 skin. Raven's Hurri's are BEAUTS!!!)

Edited by Wrench

The pink is there to ease your reference, or would the game recognize it as something?

When in doubt, if a naval station seems unlilkely, you could allways have an scripted mission for Taranto with the carrier groups outside any defined naval area. I had a good book on the raid, with some usefull info and map references. If i get the time, i will try and do something like that

I would say yes so you can have what if battles. It would also be usefull for cold war battles.

This could be used for multiple battles from earlier in the war when they tried to run supplies from Alexandria... also there were battles between the Italians and Royal Navy out that way if I remember and they did involve carriers...

EAGLE was involved (somewhat) in the business on Crete; Battle of Cape Matapan (which is not on the map -too close to wall, but on the 'Western Desert' map iirc was only a surface action

yah, the pink is just for 'contrast' -- the game only recognizes the dark green and "icky" green

and here's the oddnes (yet again!!!) Even with the NavalMap=TRUE, correct water bmp, the frakking game is generating CVBG off the coast of Libya!!!

There's just osmething 'not quite right' as yet with these carrier statements (or the fact I built my MTO mods folder from SF2, and NOT SF2NA's exe.)

NELSON/RODNEY are in the PTO ships pak

it's working after a fashon...I"m still getting CVBGs where they arent' 'color coded' for them, but nothing on land yet!!

Hi Wrench

They are not in the PTO ships pack. But I had that down as historical accuracy (they were not there in 45) against wanting as many aa guns as possible. :biggrin:

Cheers

Snapper 21

I swear I thought I"d added them...

well, it's an easy fix...the "HMS_Nelson" I have has been converted to SF2NA standards...