Dave

DCS World 1.2.2 Update Released, FC3 Pre-Purchase Released

FC3.jpg

DCS World, 1.2.2

Fixed duplicated aircraft icons in generated mission.

Fixed double-click required when setting MAP OPTIONS.

Trigger zone less 37 meters radius is now visible.

Fixed missing scroll bar in the "Options" windows.

Fixed selecting F10 view options in ME mission options panel.

Corrected mouse axis disabled when player call the in-game briefing.

Corrected Su-25T Vikhr reticule position in some situations.

Fixed incorrect messages for ships after pressing "RAlt+J".

RIM-7 speed has been corrected.

Fixed erratic mouse cursor behavior when used in the cockpits.

DCS: P-51D Mustang (Final), 1.2.2

Fixed simulator hang when player is trying to roll the P-51D.

Fixed erratic mouse cursor behavior.

Improved parameter in graphics.cfg to benefit FPS on high settings.

Corrected blinker animation.

DCS: A-10C Warthog, 1.2.2

Maverick's maneuver envelope has been corrected.

GBU-31 aiming has been corrected.

Fixed typos in several A-10C single missions.

Corrected AAP, STEER Toggle Switch.

Adjusted the A-10C APU sound.

DCS: Black Shark 2, 1.2.2

Fixed simulator crash after jumping into a ground unit from a Ka-50.

Fixed missing Ka-50 textures for older missions.

Click below for more details

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/index.php?end_pos=148&scr=&lang=en

What game is ever released finished with no further patches?

I pay now I get to play now, finished or not.

Already have FC3 downloaded, waiting for DCS auto updater to finish.

In the mean time, I have to work on Kindergarten homework with my son.

By then, I should be able to fly an F-15C in DCS:World.

If it works as well as it appears in previews, that should hold me until the MiG-21bis and UH-1H are available.

The combination of all three should keep me happy until the F-104G is available.

Of course, the timeline for addon releases may be in the "years" ballpark, so maybe I get bored in between releases.

Of course, paying to get to play a decent beta is quite a bit different to those that have (continue to have?) paid forum accounts for Fighter Ops ;)

Does this mean you're paying to be a beta tester?

FC

Well look at it like this, we the testers see it everyday etc. So by releasing it this way, you will get the finished product, however more eyes on it to see things that might have been over looked.

I'll ante up...just as soon as DCS world finishes updating...:)

All I had time to do was play the F-15C instant action mission, but that played fairly well. Modern look and feel of DCS mixed with fun and simplicity of SF2 or Falcon 4.0 instant action. The enemy AI is not very aggressive at all in this mission, so unlike FC2's F-15 ACM missions, you have plenty of time to fiddle with buttons and easily live and kill the enemy, Using that mission to tune how I want the Warthog stick set up. I still don't care too much for the way advanced missiles. I much prefer struggling with old missiles to get into firing parameters and still having a fairly high chance of missing. But this clearly will do the trick for now.

Of course, that's not accurate. The number of misses from fired missiles in the last 20 years is far lower than the old Vietnam era stats. An F/A-18 was even shot down by an AA-6 in DS!

Something like LOMAC/FC or SF would have you believe your chances of getting a hit with an AA-6 on any plane built after Kennedy died to be like 1 in 1000.

I must say I'm a little surprised by this turn of events. You would have thought they'd simply gone this route back at the end of September (after doing it for A-10C, P-51, and Combined Arms). The delay implied when it was released it would be final, not just another beta. Oh well, no matter.

i dont see how some of these bugs made it into a public beta release.. lol.. other than that... it's nice to go faster than 250 knots.

You couldn't get the Su-25T over 250?? I've even had the A-10C faster than that!

Edited by JediMaster

250 loaded up, i can get 300+ if Im EMPTY, but that's not gonna do me anygood

i despise flying the frogfoot :)

Edited by SkateZilla

i hope this delay and beta release movement means that they are taking FC more seriously than they maybe planned . The lack of an updated 3d model for the flankers is very obvious i think in FC3. FC2 actually has been pretty pretty cool for me if loaded with some third party mods like the awesome 3d models collection & pits found in lockonfiles. My only annoyance was the clouds shadow / horizon banding bug . (You won't hear me i think ever refer to flight or combat aspects in simulators, i am very easily pleased in that field, hence my knowledge also and requirements there are minimal, my interest always is being more attracted to the senses representation of things :P )